I shared this wicked cheap tip last year, but I wanted to update my post to include 2013 Charlie Card discounts!
Did you know that little plastic card stored safely in your wallet can also grab you some great local discounts in and around Boston?! From museums, entertainment, restaurants, the gym, retail locations, and much more, your Charlie Card can be saving you some cash. You can find all the Charlie Card discounts and savings here.
Some of my favorite discounts for 2013 are:
- $2 off one adult admission at Franklin Park Zoo
- $2 off one adult admission to the New England Aquarium (excludes IMAX and Whale Watching)
- $1 off at the Old South Meeting House and 10% off at the museum shop
- 2-for-1 admission at the MIT Museum
- 2-for-1 admission Sunday through Thursday and $5 off tickets on Friday and Saturday at Dick’s Beantown Comedy Vault
- $25 off first individual sport enrollment at Boston Ski & Sports Club
- Recieve $50 credit for new members at Zipcar with promo code MBTA13
- Free Child Ticket aboard Boston Harbor Cruises when you purchase two adult tickets
- Upgrade any lunch item to a duo or trio at Finale
- Earn up to $100 when you open a free checking account at Blue Hills Bank
- And Much More!
If you don’t have a Charlie Card yet, what are you waiting for? You can grab one free at all MBTA ticket counters at Back Bay Station, Downtown Crossing, Harvard, North Station, and South Station, all rapid transit stations, select bus terminals, and even retail locations.
I also added the Charlie Card discounts 2013 in the cheap fun page which rounds up all the discounts and deals for Boston attractions and more.
- Things to Do in Boston This Weekend (January 22-24): Free & Cheap Events - January 22, 2021
- Hulu is Now Just $2 a Month for College Students - January 12, 2021
- Lemonade Offers Refreshingly Innovative, Affordable Renters & Home Insurance Coverage - January 12, 2021