Did you know that you can reserve museum passes for free or discounted admission with your valid Boston library card? You must have less than $10 in fees to reserve, and the passes are only distributed to the person who made the reservation.
The following passes are available to borrow and pick-up at every BPL location:
- Boston Children’s Museum: Discounted pass for half-price per person (up to 4 people)
- Harvard Museum of Natural History: Coupon for $4 per person, and no reservation needed, but call your local BPL to check availability beforehand (up to 4 people)
- Massachusetts DCR Parks Pass: Free parking pass at a state park that charges a parking fee (up to one vehicle)
- Museum of Fine Arts: Discounted pass for $10 per person (up to 2 people)
- Museum of Science: Free pass (up to 4 people)
- New England Aquarium: Free pass from September – June (up to 4 people)
The following passes are available at select BPL locations:
- Boston by Foot (Jamaica Plain): Member privileges on any tour but does not include architectural river or harbor tours (up to 4 people)
- Boston Harbor Islands (North End, East Boston): 2-for-1 ferry passes available seasonally during warm-weather months (up to four people)
- Institute of Contemporary Art/ICA (Central Library, Jamaica Plain): Discounted passes at $5 per person (up to 2 adults)
- Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum (Central Library, Jamaica Plain, West Roxbury): Discounted pass at $5 per person (up to 4 people on weekdays & 2 people on weekends/holidays)
- John F Kennedy Library and Museum (Central Library, Jamaica Plain): Discounted pass at $3 per person (up to 2 adults)
- Larz Anderson Auto Museum (Jamaica Plain): Free pass (admits one family)
- Zoo New England (Dudley, East Boston, Honan Allston, Jamaica Plain, Roslindale, Uphams Corner, West Roxbury. Passes must be returned to Faneuil Hall or Hyde Park): Discounted passes at $6 per adult and $4 per child and 10% discount at concessions and gift store (up to 6 people) Note: Some older passes may have different conditions listed here & at the BPL Library website, but consult what is on the pass itself for exact benefits
If you would like more information or would like to reserve a museum pass, you can do so here.
Please make sure you return your pass in on time, as there are fines for late or lost passes. You can reserve passes up to 60 days in advance, so if you have a select day or place in mind, you may want to reserve early.
If you do not live in Boston, check your local library as many town libraries offer similar museum passes. However, as long as you are a Massachusetts resident, you can get a Boston Public Library card! 🙂
- Mother’s Day Brunch in Boston – 2021 Restaurants Specials - May 6, 2021
- Mother’s Day Specials in Boston: Best Freebies and Deals in 2021 - May 2, 2021
- Free Museum Days in Boston – Cheap Admission By Day Of The Week - April 18, 2021