Every year I do a big birthday post of all the deals that I personally received from various restaurants, retailers, and more for being an e-mail subscriber or member and share all the great birthday offers I receive.
Keep in mind that most offers below require a little forethought as you may need to signup for e-clubs, e-mail lists, and other memberships beforehand. I’d recommend doing it before your birthday month since some overs came almost a month before my actual birthday!
However, there are some birthday deals in the Boston area that you simply need to show up to receive and I included those at the end of my post. Please let me know if you know of any free birthday specials that I may have missed in the comments below too!
Most of the free birthday deals are the same every year but there were some additions, substractions, and some changes too! Here are the birthday offers and freebies I received in 2019:
Free Birthday Meals in the Boston Area
Here are the restaurants in the Greater Boston area that offer a free Birthday entrée when you sign up for their e-mail club.
- Not Your Average Joe’s: Join the Not Your Average Joe’s e-mail club for $15 off your celebratory lunch or dinner, dine-in only (given two weeks to redeem)
- The Chateau: Join the eClub for a free birthday entrée with the purchase of an adult entrée, dine-in only (given two weeks to redeem)
- Fire & Ice: Free Birthday meal for e-mail subscribers (given about 10 days to redeem)
- Bertucci’s: Free small cheese, Bertucci, or Margherita pizza for dine-in only, after 4PM (roughly one month to redeem)
- Johnny Rockets (Burlington): Free burger with the purchase of an entrée and drink or shake when you join the e-club (given a month to redeem)
- The Asgard & The Kinsale (Cambridge & Boston): Free dinner entrée (when you purchase an entrée) for e-mail subscribers, valid Saturday-Wednesday (given two weeks to redeem)
- Papa Ginos: Free small pizza loaded onto account for reward account members (given almost a month to redeem)
Free Dessert on Your Birthday
Here are the restaurants that offer a free birthday dessert when you sign up for their e-mail club. Note: If you’d rather less e-mails, and more singing, a few of these places may offer a free dessert if you say it’s your bday without being a club member.
- Biagio Ristorante & Bar (Waltham, MA): Free birthday dessert with any party of 2 or more when you sign up for their Birthday Club (given a month to redeem)
- Ninety Nine: Free dessert coupon for e-mail subscribers (given about two weeks to redeem)
- California Pizza Kitchen: Free dessert for e-mail subscribers (valid for my entire birthday month)
- Smokey Bones: Free Dessert for e-mail subscribers (given about two weeks to redeem)
- Boston Market: Free individual dessert (or regular side) for VIP Club members (roughly 2 weeks to redeem)
- Uno: Free dessert with entrée purchase (given about two weeks to redeem)
- TGI Fridays: Free birthday dessert for e-mail subscribers (given over a month to redeem)
Misc. Free Birthday Offers
Here are the misc. free birthday offers I received this year that couldn’t fit into a specific category.
- Restaurant.com: Free $10 Restaurant.com Gift Card for restaurant of my choice (note: I had an account for years but had to go into account settings to enter my birthday before I got this offer)
- Kohls: Free $10 coupon for Yes2You Reward Members (whole month of February to redeem)
- Au Bon Pain: Free coffee and bakery item with birthday coupon and proof of ID (given about two weeks to redeem)
- Panera Bread: Free birthday pastry loaded onto My Panera account (given one week to redeem)
- Buffalo Wild Wings: Coupon for $5 off your purchase of $25 or more (roughly two weeks to redeem)
- Southside Tavern (Braintree): Free appetizer on your birthday when you sign up for their e-mail club (on birthday only with coupon)
- Swagbucks: 55 SB credit when you redeem your next gift card
- Omaha Steaks: Free chocolate cake with order for e-mail subscribers
Free Birthday Dinners in the Boston Area (Just Show Up)
Don’t like to plan ahead or give away an e-mail address? Here’s a few restaurants where you just show up on your Birthday to receive a free Birthday meal.
- Osaka: Free birthday entrée during Birthday week when you dine with a party of 4 or more (just show up and show ID)
- Abington Ale House, Abington (South Shore): Free dinner entrée with photo ID on your (exact) birthday (just show up on Birthday and show ID) with the purchase of an entrée of equal or greater value
- D’Ann’s, Abington (South Shore): Get a free entrée (some exclusions) when you purchase one of equal or greater value on your birthday, up to $15 with ID (just show up and show ID)
Even More Free Birthday Stuff
These are the only offers on the list that I did not personally receive in my e-mail or take advantage of but I feel good sharing because they have great information shared and/or you’ve taken advantage of the deal and share it with me:
- Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum: Enjoy FREE admission to the Gardner Museum and/or Third Thursdays evening events on your birthday, just show ID
- Dunkin’ Donuts: Free drink on your birthday (when you have 200 points) for DD perks members
- JP Licks: Free Ice Cream with registered cow card (Small free sundae with close to a month to redeem, thanks Tyrone!)
- Starbucks: Free beverage when you register your Starbucks card
- Sephora & Ulta: Get a free birthday gift for your birthday for e-mails subscribers
Did I miss any great birthday freebies or offers? What’s your favorite Birthday freebie?
- Things to Do in Boston This Weekend (November 20-22): Free & Cheap Events - November 19, 2020
- How to Watch New England Patriots Games Free or Cheap without Cable - November 9, 2020
- Apple & Pumpkin Picking and Farm Fun in the Greater Boston Area - October 6, 2020