Did you know that there are certain months to buy certain items that are better than other times of year.
Here are a few things to buy in May:
- Mattresses: May is a great month to buy Mattresses, especially near Memorial Day Weekend
- Spring Apparel: Summer Apparel is out and look for discounts on Spring Apparel to make more room for summer wear
- Hot Dogs, Condiments, Chips & Other BBQ Foods: Cookouts begin in May and look for deals for all your favorite BBQ foods
- Party Supplies: Cookouts, Graduations and other parties are popular in May leading to more sales
- Thrift Store Finds: A lot of spring cleaning leads to better finds at the thrift store this month (Read: Thrift Stores in Boston)
Here are a few things to avoid buying in May:
- Flowers: Flowers and other stereotypical Mother’s Day gifts are more expensive due to higher demand in May
- Jewelry: Jewelry has less deals this month due to Mother’s Day, wait until the summer
- Laptops: Wait until summer to find better deals on Laptops before school starts
What other items are good or bad finds in May? Do you agree with this list?
- Super Bowl Food Specials in Boston – Verified Local Deals on Pizza, Wings & more - February 12, 2022
- Boston Parking Holidays 2022: Schedule for Free Parking Days & Hours - January 4, 2022
- Free Photos with Santa in and near Boston - December 11, 2021