Did you know that there are certain months to buy certain items that are better than other times of year.
Here are a few things to buy in May:
- Mattresses: May is a great month to buy Mattresses, especially near Memorial Day Weekend
- Spring Apparel: Summer Apparel is out and look for discounts on Spring Apparel to make more room for summer wear
- Hot Dogs, Condiments, Chips & Other BBQ Foods: Cookouts begin in May and look for deals for all your favorite BBQ foods
- Party Supplies: Cookouts, Graduations and other parties are popular in May leading to more sales
- Thrift Store Finds: A lot of spring cleaning leads to better finds at the thrift store this month (Read: Thrift Stores in Boston)
Here are a few things to avoid buying in May:
- Flowers: Flowers and other stereotypical Mother’s Day gifts are more expensive due to higher demand in May
- Jewelry: Jewelry has less deals this month due to Mother’s Day, wait until the summer
- Laptops: Wait until summer to find better deals on Laptops before school starts
What other items are good or bad finds in May? Do you agree with this list?
Latest posts by Boston on Budget Staff (see all)
- Fun Group Activities Boston: 10 things to do in Boston with a Large Group - February 11, 2023
- Boston Valentine’s Day 2023 – Best Events, Parties and Celebrations near you - February 7, 2023
- Free Parking in Boston – Know when to park for free with this Boston Parking Holidays guide - January 17, 2023