You can now Uber with your pet so your furry friend doesn’t have to skip out on your adventures!
Bring your pup or kitty with you in an Uber now for just an additional small surcharge of $6. The fee is to ensure your driver can accommodate you and your pet.
It’s all part of the company’s initiative to become your go-to source for all of your transportation and meal delivery needs.
“We want to be the operating system for your everyday life,” said CEO Dara Khosrowshahi.
This is especially exciting for people who want to travel with their pet but couldn’t before because they aren’t registered service animals (service animals can ride in a regular Uber). It has never been easier to set up a pet play date! Drivers who still opt out of Uber Pet are still required to accept service animals at no extra cost.
A rider is only allowed one pet per trip and it is recommended they are on a leash or in a crate. Even a blanket or towel would be helpful to clean up any mess. Obviously, riders may be charged a cleaning fee if their pet makes any damage inside the car, so do your best to ensure a smooth experience for everyone involved.
To order the Uber pet trip:
1. Enter your pickup and dropoff location
2. Under “Choose a ride,” select “Uber Pet”
3. Tap “Choose Uber Pet” to confirm
Uber Pet will also be available in Chicago, Las Vegas, New Orleans, and Orlando!
- Starbucks Manager Turns a Closed Cafe into a Mask Making Hub - April 2, 2020
- Gronk and Kostek donate 20,000 masks to those who need it most - April 1, 2020
- Where Kids Eat Free in Boston (Updated for 2020) - February 28, 2020