Whether you’re tired of wearing the same styles on repeat, or you really need to tighten the purse string, thrift shopping is always a good idea. Shopping is always better when it is second hand!
Thankfully, there are some great thrift stores in Boston where you can score amazing deals on just about everything you can imagine.
Here are some of our favorite thrift shops and resale stores across Boston:
- The Goodwill Boston, Allston/Brighton, Jamaica Plain
- Set prices for jeans, graphic T-shirts and so much more. The extra Sunday sale offers special discounts, and college students get a 15 percent discount every Thursday.
- Monday to Saturday: 10 am to 8 pm, Sunday, noon to 6 pm
- Buffalo Exchange Allston
- Selling both men’s and women’s clothing, but also buying your used clothes. This can get 30 percent in cash or 50 percent for trade on the spot.
- Monday to Saturday: 11 am to 8 pm, Sunday: noon to 7 pm
- Garment District Cambridge
- This is over 12,000 square ft of retail space so there’s always a huge selection of everything you can imagine.
- Everyday 11 am – 8 pm
- Vivant Vintage Allston
- A large antique store with vintage selection of everything from clothes to cameras to records.
- Monday to Friday: noon – 7 pm, Saturday & Sunday: 11 am – 6 pm
- Boomerangs Cambridge
- A nonprofit, donation based thrift store operated by The AIDS Action Committee of MA. How much better could it get? Vintage clothing for men and women, jewelry, accessories, house wares, books, and furniture.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Weekends: 11 am – 6 pm, Thursday & Friday: 11 am – 7 pm
- Thrifty Threads Brookline
- A really lovely selection of items and such friendly staff. Bring cash though because they don’t take credit cards.
- Friday & Saturday: 11 am – 3 pm
- Covet Southie & Beacon Hill
- Some excellent designer deals without the scandalous rates, selling women’s clothing, shoes & bags.
- Monday to Friday: 11 am – 7 pm, Saturday, 11 am – 6 pm, and Sunday, 11 am – 5 pm
40 South Street Jamaica Plain
- Established in 1988, this store has rotating selection of hand picked vintage fashions (era’s circa 60?s, 70?s, 80?s)
Monday to Friday 1 – 7 pm, Saturday & Sunday 12 – 6 pm
- Rose JP Jamaica Plain
- Women’s boutique for shoppers, and consignors receive 50 percent of profits when their clothing sells.
- Monday to Saturday: 12 – 7 pm, closed Sundays
- MIT Furniture Exchange Cambridge
- Selling not just furniture, but books and household goods. All proceeds benefit the MIT Women’s League Scholarship Fund, which provides annual financial support to MIT female undergrads.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 10am–4pm and the first Saturday of the month 10am–1pm.
- Raspberry Beret Cambridge
- Collection of gently used clothing where your purchases might even help support a local charity. They invite local nonprofits to open consignment accounts that any seller can opt to donate items to.
- Monday – Saturday 11 am – 7 pm & Sunday 12 – 7 pm
- Savers West Roxbury
- HUGE selection furniture, clothing, dishes and books!
- Monday – Saturday: 9 am – 9 pm, Sunday: 10 am – 8 pm
- Global Thrift Stores, Waltham
- Prices are so fair; from clothing, to kitchen appliances, to seasonal decorations, you can find it here.
- Monday to Saturday: 10 am – 7 pm, Sunday: 12 am – 5 pm
- Sister Thrift Watertown
- Crazy amazing prices on clothing, accessories & home items that support a local no-kill cat shelter.
- Monday – Saturday: 10 am – 6 pm, Closed Sunday & Monday
- Castanet Newbury
- Good selection of very special pieces in great condition. Designer brand pieces for sale but call to set up an appointment or email the store’s owner with a description of your items.
- Tuesday to Saturday: 11 am – 6 pm, closed Sunday & Monday
Know of any other Boston thrift stores that should make the list? Comment below to let us know!
- Southwick’s Zoo Lights – Drive -Thru Light Show in Boston - December 15, 2021
- Starbucks Manager Turns a Closed Cafe into a Mask Making Hub - April 2, 2020
- Gronk and Kostek donate 20,000 masks to those who need it most - April 1, 2020