On Christmas Day, many local businesses understandably shutter their doors but not everyone wants to stay home. Whether you’re getting stir-crazy or just looking for a way to entertain the kids, there are still plenty of things to do on Christmas Day.
Here is our guide to Things to Do in Boston on Christmas Day:
See Christmas Lights
Grab some hot chocolate and go scope out Christmas Lights! You can drive around local neighborhoods or visit one of Boston’s many public trees. Don’t miss these installations:
- Marshfield Holiday Light Show is a one-of-a-kind, drive-thru holiday light show with dozens of beautiful, larger-than-life themed displays the whole family is sure to love. Tune in your radio for a synced light performance along the route. Admission is just $23 per carload with this special deal.
- Entre Les Rangs at Seaport Common
- Bright Nights at Forest Park
Boston has plenty of gorgeous parks and preserves where you can run around, workout, and commune with nature. Most of them are open year-round so you can visit even on the holidays! You can also check out these activities:
- Wakefield MA 5K
- Free Tours by Foot
Catch a Movie or Show
Other businesses may be closed on Christmas Day but it’s the theatre’s time to shine. Check out these movie theatres open on Christmas Day:
- Shear Madness at the Charles Playhouse.
- AMC (get discounted tickets here!)
- ARCLIGHT Boston
- Showplace Icon at Seaport
- Simon’s IMAX
- Kendall Square Cinema
Enjoy Local Attractions
Some local businesses are hosting Christmas Day events:
- Imagine Playspace
- Blink! at Faneuil Hall
The true meaning of Christmas is giving, so show your Christmas spirit by giving back to your local community. You can volunteer at your local churches and shelters, or check out these charitable events:
- Little Brother’s Friends of the Elderly will be delivering meals, flowers, and friendship.
- Rosie’s Place will need help serving a Christmas meal.
Know of any other exciting things to do on Christmas Day in Boston? Share your tips by leaving a comment below.
- Boston Restaurants Offer Cocktail Kits To Go - March 26, 2020
- City of Boston Offers Free Bluebikes for Transport to Hospital Staff - March 25, 2020
- Stop & Shop Installs Plexiglass to Protect Employees, Gives Raises and Expanded Benefits - March 24, 2020