The holidays are here, and it’s time to get together with your loved ones to see some beautiful Christmas lights. While there are numerous places across the area you can enjoy holiday lights, one of our favorites is at the popular annual event Stone Zoo Lights, among the best things to do on the weekend.
About Stone Zoo Lights
Every night from 5 to 9 pm, Stone Zoo turns into a winter wonderland, and guests can go along paths lit by twinkling lights to enjoy the zoo in a whole new way. And this year, there’s a special new addition to Stone Zoo Lights — Brick Safari which features more than 40 life-size animal sculptures made out of millions of LEGO bricks!
While at Zoo Lights, you can get photos with Santa himself at Santa’s castle. St. Nick will be on hand for photo opportunities through December 24th, and Mrs. Claus will also be available on select nights (12/4, 12/11, 12/18, and 12/24) so make sure to get down there for your Christmas photos this year.
Other special events and activities this year include:
- Ice princesses on hand December 26-29 from 5 to 8 pm
- Toasted s’mores by the campfire available nightly
- Holiday hot chocolate with reindeer available most nights, but pre-registration is required
- Live music on select nights throughout the season
- Lord Hobo Brewing Co presents its Holiday Beer Garden with games and exclusive beers Thursday nights from 5 to 8:30 pm
Stone Zoo Lights Hours & Dates
Stone Zoo Lights is open November 22, 2019 through January 4, 2020 from 5 to 9 pm each night. The attraction is closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
Stone Zoo Light Price
Stone Zoo Lights tickets are normally $14.95 for adults and $12.95 for kids, but there are some ways you can save.
- Buy online for discounted rates–If you get your tickets in advance online, you can save up to $5 per ticket, depending on which day you choose to go.
- Kids under 2 are free–No need to pay for your little ones!
- Members get great discounts–If you’re a member, make sure to check your email for special deals to Zoo Lights Additionally, on Mondays, members can get in for just $6 per ticket.
Stone Zoo Lights Location
The Stone Zoo is located at 149 Pond St, Stoneham, MA 02180, USA.
For more information, visit their website for the event.
- Things to Do in Boston This Weekend (September 18-20): Free & Cheap Events - September 17, 2020
- Celtics vs Raptors Live Stream: Watch Online without Cable - September 11, 2020
- Boston Celtics TV Schedule: 2019-20 Listings, Channel, & Stream Guide - September 11, 2020