The holidays are here, and it’s time to see some beautiful Christmas lights. While there are numerous places across the area you can enjoy holiday lights, one of our favorites is at the popular annual event Stone Zoo Lights!
To ensure the safety of workers and visitors, this year’s event will be a little different, so keep reading for all the information on the 2021 Stone Zoo Lights event.
About Stoneham Zoo Lights – What To Expect
Thousands of people flock to this winter paradise each year to get into the celebratory spirit while wandering down tree-lined roads lighted by thousands of glittering lights. Guests will first explore Yukon Creek, which is home to bald eagles, porcupines, lynx, and a couple of reindeer in addition to stunning Christmas lights.
Tuesdays, 6-9 p.m., starting Nov 30: Meet Mrs. Claus as she spreads holiday cheer through the Zoo!
Stone Zoo transforms into a winter wonderland every evening (except Christmas Day) from 4 to 9:30 p.m., and visitors may walk along trails lighted by glittering lights with large-scale lantern displays to experience the zoo in a whole new and exciting way.
This year’s ZooLights event has a few changes, including:
- Guests who have received complete COVID-19 vaccination are not needed to wear a mask outside.
- While indoors, all guests are mandatorily required to wear masks. Face coverings are not needed for children under the age of five.
- If you haven’t been vaccinated, you’ll need to wear a mask inside and in situations where you won’t be able to keep social distance outside.
Stone Zoo Lights – 2021 Hours of Operation & Dates
Stone Zoo Lights is open November 19, 2021 through January 9, 2021 from 4 to 9:30 pm each night. The attraction is closed on Christmas Day.
Stoneham Zoo Lights – Tickets, Discounts & More
Reservations are required for members & non-members for entry to Stoneham Zoo. For each day during ZooLights, the Zoo will close at 3:00 p.m., and re-open at 4:00 p.m. for the event. Guests will be asked to exit when the Zoo closes at 3:00 p.m. so staff can fully clean and prep for the evening event. Guests are welcome to return for ZooLights at 4:00 p.m., and will need to purchase separate tickets for the event.
Ticket Prices & Discounts
- Adults and children over the age of two, pay $13.95 for Stone Zoo Lights tickets, but there are ways to save.
- There is no charge for children under the age of two.
- Purchase a 4-pack of tickets at a reduced cost of $50 for non-members and $45 for members.
- Members get reduced in price so you can save $1 per ticket or $5 on the 4-pack of tickets
- Massachusetts EBT and WIC cardholders receive discounted, $7 admission per ticket for up to four tickets to ZooLights (does not include general, daytime admission).
Stone Zoo Lights Location & Parking
The Stone Zoo is located at 149 Pond St, Stoneham, MA 02180, USA. Parking for the zoo is free in the nearby lots.
For more information, visit their website for the event.
Check out our recently published guide on Holiday Lights in Seaport District.
And if you would like to get this delivered directly to your feed, give us a follow on Facebook by clicking the …next to the search lens icon
- Seltzerland Boston – the nationally-touring hard seltzer celebration is coming to the Rockland Golf Course!!! - June 5, 2022
- Super Bowl Food Specials in Boston – Verified Local Deals on Pizza, Wings & more - February 12, 2022
- Boston Parking Holidays 2022: Schedule for Free Parking Days & Hours - January 4, 2022