Today, Massachusetts will move into Phase 3 of the state’s reopening plan, which will include casinos, movie theaters, museums, and gyms.
As Massachusetts continues to track toward decreasing COVID-19 cases, Governor Charlie Baker announced that Phase 3 of the plan will proceed. Governor Baker stated, “Phase 3 contains some bigger players that will certainly draw more people into indoor settings.”
Under strict guidelines, the following businesses and activities will be able to open:
- Sports teams can hold games, sans spectators
- Movie Theaters
- Outdoor Performance Venues
- Duck Tours
- Weddings, events and large gatherings if they are in parks and open spaces
Phase 3 will be two steps: the first beginning today and the second step of Phase 3 beginning on July 13. Coming in step 2 will be the update to gatherings, which will be a max of 25 people are now allowed to gather in indoor spaces, with 100 people gathering outdoors.
Wondering when Phase 4 will begin? According to Governor Baker, that will not be happening until a COVID-19 vaccine is made available.
For full-guidance, please visit the State’s full update and plan of attack here.
- Haunted Charles River Ride, Free Sundays at Harvard Art Museum Among Top 10 Things to Do in Boston This Weekend Starting October 15 - October 14, 2021
- Get in the Spirit at Beacon Hill, Pumpkin Carving at Sam Adams Brewery Among Top 10 Things to Do in Boston This Week Starting October 11 - October 11, 2021
- 10 Best Frozen Yogurt Places in Boston – Yog(a)urt for the Soul! - October 2, 2021