Today, Massachusetts will move into Phase 3 of the state’s reopening plan, which will include casinos, movie theaters, museums, and gyms.
As Massachusetts continues to track toward decreasing COVID-19 cases, Governor Charlie Baker announced that Phase 3 of the plan will proceed. Governor Baker stated, “Phase 3 contains some bigger players that will certainly draw more people into indoor settings.”
Under strict guidelines, the following businesses and activities will be able to open:
- Sports teams can hold games, sans spectators
- Movie Theaters
- Outdoor Performance Venues
- Duck Tours
- Weddings, events and large gatherings if they are in parks and open spaces
Phase 3 will be two steps: the first beginning today and the second step of Phase 3 beginning on July 13. Coming in step 2 will be the update to gatherings, which will be a max of 25 people are now allowed to gather in indoor spaces, with 100 people gathering outdoors.
Wondering when Phase 4 will begin? According to Governor Baker, that will not be happening until a COVID-19 vaccine is made available.
For full-guidance, please visit the State’s full update and plan of attack here.
- Free Museums, the Science of Snow Among Top 10 Things to Do in Boston This Week Starting January 17th - January 16, 2022
- Free Museum Access, Yoga on Ice Among Top 10 Things to Do in Boston This Weekend Starting January 14 - January 13, 2022
- Christmas Lights in Boston – 10 Best Places For Holiday Lights In 2021 - December 20, 2021