*Every Monday throughout 2014 I will be sharing Money Savings Tips to help stick to and expand your budget!
I go to the grocery store once a week at (roughly) the same time and same day every single week– on purpose.
Knowing when to shop at the grocery store is important money saving tip. Just shopping at the right time can save you a lot of money.
I like to shop when there isn’t many people so I have time to think about my purchases and not feel overwhelmed. I also like to shop when items are on markdown so I get the best possible price. It is not a coincidence that I get great deals on expensive products. For example, a few weeks back, I bought a pack of boneless chicken breast at Shaw’s for .04 and it wasn’t expired or anything.
You just need to know when to shop at the grocery store to find the best deals (and where to look for sale items too).
Some good times to shop at the grocery store:
- The beginning of a sales cycle (Most grocery stores in the area are Friday so try Friday or Saturday, if possible)
- Early in the morning to get fresh cycles and markdowns and late in the evening to catch markdowns and empty aisles
Some bad times to shop at the grocery store:
- After work… really busy.
- Weekend afternoons, which are also really busy.
If you find your grocery store really busy, try a different time and feel free to experiment with different times. I know that my favorite time at Shaw’s is different than another grocery store, because some other stores like Roche Bros gets busier earlier.
Also, if you are comfortable, check with department managers to see when clearance items are marked. It may vary depending on the store.
Knowing when to shop at the grocery store is an important money saving tip because it can save you a lot of money just by avoiding the crowds and snagging great deals.
To find more Money Saving Tips from Boston On Budget, please head here.
- Boston Valentine’s Day 2023 – Best Events, Parties and Celebrations near you - February 7, 2023
- Free Parking in Boston – Know when to park for free with this Boston Parking Holidays guide - January 17, 2023
- Free museums in Boston – Cheap, discounted admission days for museums near you - January 4, 2023