With the election looming, voters in Massachusetts are concerned about mail-in ballots. Here’s what you need to know about your ballots, and how to track them with a new online system.
Quite a different election year 2020 will be. While this year, all Massachusetts voters can cast their vote by mail, many are worried that their vote won’t be counted if they choose to do so.
However, with a new feature on the Massachusetts website called “Track My Ballot” Massachusetts residents are able to view where their ballot is.
Other Things to Know
- The in-person voting period for the Massachusetts State Primary runs between August 22-28 as well as October 17-30 for the State Election. For more information on the election visit the elections division website.
- The deadline to submit your absentee ballot for the 2020 Primaries is August 31st at noon. The deadline for the presidential election is Monday, November 2nd at noon.
- Need an absentee ballot? If you can’t go to the polls on Election Day, there are two ways to apply for a ballot.
- By Mail: You can fill out an absentee ballot here and send it in by mail
- In Person: You still will need to fill out a form, however, after a COVID-19 test and proper precautions can go to the Boston Elections Department in City Hall. You’ll need a reservation to do so, which you can make online here.
Registering to Vote
- Need to register to vote? You can do so online at vote.gov.
- 10 Things to do in Boston this week of September 26, 2022 include The Deerfield Fair 2022, Boston Minifest, & more! - September 25, 2022
- Boston Harbor Cruise Guide: Sightseeing Attractions, Schedule, Tickets, Discounts & More! - June 28, 2022
- New England Aquarium Boston: Your Complete Guide for Tickets, Hours, Parking, Discounts and more! - June 17, 2022