The giveaway has ended, but you can get a free $10 credit if you are a new user.
Lyft is a car-sharing service located in many major cities around the country, including Boston! I have tried and shared Lyft on the blog before, but I wanted to share a few facts about Lyft for those who haven’t tried it out yet!
If you are not familiar with what car-sharing service means, basically a person with a car picks up a person who needs a ride through the Lyft smartphone app. Since the person is not driving a company vehicle, Lyft rides arecheaper than a taxi, which definitely helps the budget! Here’s what you should know about Lyft:
- Lyft does DMV and Background checks on all Lyft drivers
- You will be picked up in a vehicle with a model year 2000 or better
- Lyft is integrated with Facebook so you will see the picture of your driver and the car before your driver arrives (with estimated pick-up time too)
- At the end of your ride, you will be asked to rate your driver from 1 to 5 stars to ensure solid drivers
- The driver will also rate you (the passenger) at the end of the ride, so make sure you respect the driver and their car
- When you set up your account, you need to link a credit card. No cash is ever transferred between a passenger and driver.
- After your ride is finished, you will receive notification of the suggested donation amount and you can adjust the payment based on your experience
- Lyft is available on iPhone and Android phones
I have taken Lyft twice, once with my husband on a weekend night and once by myself during a weekday rush hour. As a female in my twenties, I didn’t feel uncomfortable during my ride. I definitely like the fact that I could see my driver and a picture of the car beforehand on my smartphone. Both my drivers were males in their twenties (I would guess) and easy to talk too.
If you haven’t tried Lyft out yet but would like too, enter promo code BOSBUDGET when you set up your account to receive a free $20 credit! (If your ride isn’t more than $20, you’ll still have the remaining credit for your next ride!)
Also, Lyft is giving two lucky readers a $50 credit in their Lyft account, and both new and existing members are able to enter! Just simply fill out this form below starting now until Friday, September 13th at 6am, and two winners will be announced within 48 hours of contest end!
Good Luck! Have you tried Lyft before; what do you think about Lyft and Car Sharing?
Disclaimer: I did receive Lyft Credit in my account for this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Please read my disclosure policy here.
- Mother’s Day Brunch in Boston – 2021 Restaurants Specials - May 6, 2021
- Mother’s Day Specials in Boston: Best Freebies and Deals in 2021 - May 2, 2021
- Free Museum Days in Boston – Cheap Admission By Day Of The Week - April 18, 2021