Just because you waited until the last minute to purchase some holiday gifts, doesn’t mean you can’t find a great deal. In fact, one deal website is predicting great last minute deals tomorrow for Super Saturday… fingers crossed!
Here’s a few last minute gift ideas that won’t break the bank:
1. Gift Cards
It’s an obvious one, I know, especially since you can purchase eGift Cards around the clock, even on Christmas! However, there’s a lot of great gift card deals happening right now:
- Shaw’s is currently giving a $10 coupon wyb $25 in groceries when you purchase $100 or more in select gift cards
- Many local Boston restaurants and national chains are offering bonuses when you purchase gift cards
- Amazon is running Gift Card promotions from national retailers, restaurants and more in form of lighting deals. Check back daily for more deals!
2. Daily Deals
Daily deal sites offer a wide variety of gift ideas from local activities, restaurants, goods, and more. Some purchases can be printed from home which make for an easy last minute gift
- Groupon: Currently Groupon has a lot of great daily deals, but my favorites are the eGift Card deals! If you frequent Groupon a lot, you may want to purchase an eGift Card, because most deals reward you with $5 in Groupon bucks and more! (Use promo code HURRY20 to save 20% on local deals through 12/23!)
- LivingSocial: Through December 22, 2014 at 11:59pm, use promo code INSTANT20 to save 20% at LivingSocial.com, restrictions apply. This is a great way to give a daily deal and save a little more!
3. Give an Experience
Do you have a person in your life that you have absolutely no idea what to get them. Every year my aunts gift my great aunt tickets to a show for January or February. They all get together after the holidays are over, go out to eat and then go to a show together. My great aunt loves this and looks forward to the gift yearly!
Giving an experience is a great gift for someone who has everything or for someone you love to get together with after the hectic holidays are over with!
Goldstar Boston has a lot of different shows and experiences to choose from, and tickets tend to be half off or deeply discounted… sometimes, even free! There’s even free tickets to a comedy show at Laugh Boston on NYE 😉
Also, if you know a skier or snowboarder, you may want to consider a gift card or lift tickets through Liftopia which offers discounts lift passes.
Even better, you can give a gift of Boston Sports… tickets to the Patriots, Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics and more might go over very well, and can be a good last minute gift idea!
I love the idea of sharing an experience as a gift, and nobody needs to know you waited until the last minute to purchase the tickets 🙂
As I’ve said before, I really like shopping on Amazon and taking advantage of 2-day free shipping with Amazon Prime. The deadline for 2-day shipping is Monday, December 22, 2014 so you don’t have to hit up the stores in person this weekend if you want to avoid the crowds!
Do you have any tips for last minute (and budget-friendly) holiday gifts?
Did you wait until the last minute to start/finish your Christmas shopping?
*This post does contain a few affiliate links, please see my disclosure policy if you have any questions.
- Mother’s Day Brunch in Boston – 2021 Restaurants Specials - May 6, 2021
- Mother’s Day Specials in Boston: Best Freebies and Deals in 2021 - May 2, 2021
- Free Museum Days in Boston – Cheap Admission By Day Of The Week - April 18, 2021