Are you looking for some last minute gift ideas, but you don’t want to overspend on gifts? I hear ya.
Here’s a few last minute gift ideas that are super easy and won’t break the bank:
1. Gift Cards
It’s an obvious one, I know, especially since you can purchase eGift Cards around the clock, even on Christmas! However, there’s a lot of great gift card deals happening right now!
- Amazon is running Gift Card promotions from national retailers, restaurants and more in form. Scroll down to lighting deals to find the best bang for your buck.
- Many local Boston restaurants and national chains are offering bonuses when you purchase gift cards, so you can receive a little gift for yourself too. Check your favorite restaurant’s website directly to see if they have any deals!
2. Daily Deals
Daily deal sites offer a wide variety of gift ideas from local activities, restaurants, goods, and more. Some purchases can be printed from home which make for an easy last minute gift
- Groupon: Use promo code HURRY20 to save 20% on last minute gifts at Groupon, until 12/21 at 11:59pm.
- LivingSocial: Use promo code GIFTS to save 15% off last minute gifts at LivingSocial.com, until 12/21 at 11:59pm.
3. Give an Experience
Do you have a person in your life that you have absolutely no idea what to get them. Every year my aunts gift my great aunt tickets to a show for January or February. They all get together after the holidays are over, go out to eat and then go to a show together. My great aunt loves this and looks forward to the gift yearly!
Giving an experience is a great gift for someone who has everything or for someone you love to get together with after the hectic holidays are over with!
- Goldstar Boston: Goldstar has a lot of different shows and experiences to choose from, and tickets tend to be half off or deeply discounted… sometimes, even free!
- Liftopia: If you have a skier or snowboarder on your list, you may want to consider a gift card or lift tickets through Liftopia which offers discounts lift passes.
- City Wine Tours: Give the gift of a wine tour and use promo code KateBOS10 to save $10 on a CWT gift card or tour.
Even better, you can give a gift of Boston Sports… tickets to the Patriots, Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics and more might go over very well, and can be a good last minute gift idea!
Also, if you have Amazon Prime, you still have until Thursday, December 22, 2016 to get free 2-day shipping on a lot of items! If you have an .edu e-mail, you can also get a free trial of Amazon Student to take advantage of free holiday shipping.
I ran out to Michael’s over the weekend and was pleasantly surprised that a lot of holiday items were already marked on clearance, so keep your eyes peeled for markdowns already at certain stores!
Do you have any tips for last minute (and budget-friendly) holiday gifts?
Did you wait until the last minute to start/finish your Christmas shopping?
*This post does contain a few affiliate links, please see my disclosure policy if you have any questions.
- Boston Parking Holidays 2022: Schedule for Free Parking Days & Hours - January 4, 2022
- Free Photos with Santa in and near Boston - December 11, 2021
- Bright Nights at Forest Park, Springfield – Schedule, Tickets, COVID Guidelines & More For 2021 - December 8, 2021