While a majority of stimulus checks have been delivered, some are saying that their checks are a no-show. Here’s what to do to find your money and what to expect if there’s a second round of stimulus checks.
Since March, 267 billion in payments have been issued to U.S. citizens. However, eligible Americans who did not yet receive their payments “need to take action” according to the U.S. Treasury.
Tracking Your Money
If you filed your taxes, in 2018 and 2019, you should have received your stimulus check. Still a no-show? Here are some resources to check where your money is.
- The USPS has a free app, Informed Delivery, you can download and get notifications to your phone or computer from when your stimulus check is about to arrive in the mail from the IRS.
- The IRS also has a Get My Payment app, that also will be able to help you receive your payment status and track your money
Double Check your Eligibility
Still having difficulties? According to the IRS website U.S. citizens will receive $1200 individually or $2,400 for a household (if married filing jointly).
A1. U.S. citizens and U.S. resident aliens will receive the Economic Impact Payment of $1,200 for individual or head of household filers, or $2,400 if they filed married filing jointly. That said, there are some stipulations. For a full list, review the IRS’ FAQ page here.
Will There Be a Second Round of Checks?
Currently, there is not an agreed-upon consensus of what round two of stimulus payments look like. However, it is looking better that the second round of stimulus checks will be approved. Three major proposals are coming together in order for the package to come together, and if approved, it could look different than the package we all received.
- Free Museums, the Science of Snow Among Top 10 Things to Do in Boston This Week Starting January 17th - January 16, 2022
- Free Museum Access, Yoga on Ice Among Top 10 Things to Do in Boston This Weekend Starting January 14 - January 13, 2022
- Christmas Lights in Boston – 10 Best Places For Holiday Lights In 2021 - December 20, 2021