For three Saturdays this fall, residents and working professionals from South Boston and the Seaport District are invited for free self defense classes from Krav Maga Black Belt, Gershon Ben Keren as part of EveryBodyFights’ #Fightitforward campaign.
All sessions are 90 minutes starting at 1:30pm at George Foreman III in South Boston. Space is limited so please RSVP with the links below. If you have trouble accessing the links, try copying and pasting to your browser and it should work.
Here are the free classes available:
- October 17: Muggings – Dealing with financial predators: Learn essential techniques for avoiding and defending yourself against one or more muggers. Further understand the motives and methods used by muggers. How to predict, identify and prevent yourself from becoming a victim. Develop physical skills in defending yourself against unarmed and armed assault; knives, guns, etc. (To copy and paste: https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/classic/ws?studioid=40859&stype=-106&sTG=25&sVT=37&sView=day&date=10/17/15)
- October 24: Surviving a bar fight – Handling yourself in an unexpected “street fight” situation: Learn how to identify the warning signs that a situation is about to become violent. How to de-escalate potentially violent situations. How to physically deal with a drunk and aggressive individual, regardless of your physical size and stature. (To copy and paste: https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/classic/ws?studioid=40859&stype=-106&sTG=25&sVT=37&sView=day&date=10/24/15)
- October 31: Abductions – Preventing and dealing with abductions and hostage scenarios: Learn how to identify if/when you have been targeted for abduction and knowing how to harden yourself. Knowing what to do when held at gunpoint and attempted to be forced into a vehicle. How to prevent and deal with abduction and hostage scenarios. (To copy and paste: https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/classic/ws?studioid=40859&stype=-106&sTG=25&sVT=37&sView=day&date=10/31/15)
Will you be attending any of these free classes?
- Things to Do in Boston This Weekend (January 22-24): Free & Cheap Events - January 21, 2021
- Hulu is Now Just $2 a Month for College Students - January 12, 2021
- Lemonade Offers Refreshingly Innovative, Affordable Renters & Home Insurance Coverage - January 12, 2021