I love Summer in Boston because there’s so many FREE things to do! There’s so many outdoor movie screenings, music festival, fitness classes, festivals, and much more– and all for free!
I’ve rounded up 27+ FREE Things to Do in Boston for Summer 2016 to make your summer a little more fun! Let me know in the comments below if I missed any free events or activities!
1. Highland Street Foundation Free Fun Fridays with free attractions across Massachusetts every Friday this summer! Fridays from June 24, 2016 to August 26, 2016.
2. Free Outdoor Movies in Boston with Free Friday Flicks at the DCR Hatch Shell on the Esplanade on Friday nights this summer starting at dusk. Fridays from June 24, 2016 to August 26, 2016.
3. Magic Family Film Festival at the Prudential Center Courtyard on Saturday nights at dusk this summer. Saturday nights from July 2, 2016 to August 31, 2016.
4. Free Movie Nights at Christopher Columbus Park on Sunday nights this summer. Sunday nights from July 10, 2016 to August 14, 2016.
5. Head to Assembly Row in Somerville for Sylvester Baxter Riverfront Park Movie Series on Saturdays at dusk this summer. July 9, 2016 to August 27, 2016.
6. Mayor Walsh’s Free Movie Nights in various Boston Neighborhoods on various nights. August 8, 2016 to September 1, 2016.
7. Boston Harbor Hotel’s Summer in the City Series with free music on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights this summer and free classic movies on Friday nights this summer. June 9, 2016 to September 9, 2016.
8. Free Boston Calling Block Party every Thursday evening from 5-8pm at Dewey Square. Thursday nights May 12, 2016 to September 15, 2016.
9. Berklee’s Summer in the City Series with over 200 free music performances all over the city. Now through end of September, 2016.
10. Boston Public Library’s Free Concerts in the Courtyard with free music every Wednesday night at 6pm and Friday afternoon at 12:30pm. Now through August 31, 2016.
11. Midday Music at Post Office Square with free music on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12-2pm. Now through September 1, 2016.
12. Free Summer Concert Series Harborwalk Sounds at the ICA on Thursday nights from 6-8:30pm. (Reminder: ICA admission is also free on Thursday nights). Thursday nights from June 30, 2016 to September 1, 2016.
13. Free Landmarks Orchestra Classical Concert at the Hatch Shell on Wednesday nights from 7-9pm. Wednesday evenings from July 13, 2016 to August 31, 2016.
14. Kendall Square Summer Concert Series starting at noon throughout the summer with free live music. Ongoing this summer, end date not known.
15. So many Free Fitness Classes and Events in the Greater Boston Area this summer. Dates vary.
16. Free yoga, fitness, music, children activities and more at Summertime at the Street in Chestnut Hill. Now to September 17, 2016.
17. A free multi-day music festival on Boston Common with local and national acts with Outside the Box. July 13-17, 2016.
18. Celebrate with one the largest Patriotic celebration in the nation with Boston Harborfest! July 1-4, 2015.
19. Cheer on the Patriots at Gillette Stadium for Patriots Training Camp for free for select dates in July and August. (More info to come!)
20. Head to Boston Common for Shakespeare on the Common with Love’s Labour’s Lost by William Shakespeare. July 20, 2016 to August 7, 2016.
21. Free fitness, outdoor movies, music, and open lawn time available at The Lawn on D. All summer long.
22. Check out a North End Feast this summer. Dates vary, but there’s a lot of them!
23. Kids Bowl Free all summer at over 20 participating bowling alleys across Massachusetts.
24. Active Military can receive free museum entry until Labor Day from Blue Star Museums from many attractions across Massachusetts and more. Through Labor Day.
25. Free Museums and discount attractions with your Boston Library Card with advanced reservation.
26. Free Admission at Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum for Neighborhood Nights. Thursdays nights from 5-8pm on July 14, July 28, and August 11, 2016.
27. Bring the kids to Sunday Parkland Games on Sunday afternoons from 3:30-6pm in Cambridge. Starts June 26 in North Point Park.
Make sure to check the blog all summer long since there’s a lot more fun and free summer events in Boston this summer! Also, don’t forget to follow me on Twitter or Facebook for daily updates and reminders of fun things to do! (I know I’ve been slacking lately with Social Media but I’m hoping to get a little better with the reminders and updates!)
What is your favorite free event in Boston this summer? Is your favorite Boston activity on the list?
You May Also Like:
- Free Outdoor Movie Series in Boston for Summer 2016
- Free Music Series and Concerts in Boston for Summer 2016
- Whale Watching Discounts for Summer 2016
- Discount Tickets for Codzilla
- Boston Duck Tour Discount Tickets
- Provincetown Fast Ferry Discount Tickets
- Red Sox Games on a Budget
- Top Things to Do in Boston on Vacation
- Is the Go Boston Pass Worth It?
- Boston Hotels on a Budget
- Things to Do in Boston This Weekend (January 22-24): Free & Cheap Events - January 22, 2021
- Hulu is Now Just $2 a Month for College Students - January 12, 2021
- Lemonade Offers Refreshingly Innovative, Affordable Renters & Home Insurance Coverage - January 12, 2021