Are you looking for some budget-friendly Halloween fun in the Greater Boston area? Here are 31 suggestions of fun and inexpensive things to do on or before Halloween in Boston!
(Note from Kate: I’m definitely getting older because there’s so many more kid-friendly and family-friendly events on this list, especially on the top half of the post. However, don’t forget to check out Discount Tickets to Halloween Events in Boston for more adult-friendly suggestions too!)
1. Pru Boo: October 30, 2016 from 11-1pm at the Prudential Center. Wear your cutest costume and trick or treat for charity. Face painting, kid concert, pumpkin decorating and more. $4 donation towards nonprofit partner.
2. Halloween Happenings at CambridgeSide: October 30, 2016 from 4-6pm. Enjoy trick-or-treating and grabbing a bag of goodies at Cambridgeside. Please bring a canned good.
3. Halloween Trick-or-Treat & Boo Bash: October 27, 2016 from 4:30-6:30pm. Compete in a costume contest, enjoy trick-or-treating, partake in seasonal crafts and more at Legacy Place! Free, but please bring a non-perishable good for the Greater Boston Food Bank.
4. Wally and Tessie’s Halloween Party: Saturday, October 29, 2016 from 11-2pm at Fenway Park. Trick-or-treat at the ballpark, paint mini pumpkins and enjoy other fall activities! Free and open to the public.
5. Halloween Spooktacular: Sunday, October 30, 2016 at the Arsenal Project of Watertown from 11-1pm. Enjoy a costume contest, treats, music, and more!
6. South Shore Plaza Boo-Bash: October 26, 2016 from 4-5:30pm at the South Shore Plaza (Nordstrom wing) in Braintree. Enjoy music, treats, costume contest, and more!
7. Free Halloween Event at Bass Pro Shops: October 24-31, 2016 at Bass Pro Shops. Enjoy Halloween events, crafts, and more with a various of Halloween activities offered!
8. Halloween Happenings at Westgate Mall: October 31, 2016 at 2pm at Westgate Mall in Brockton. Trick or treat at Westgate mall and please bring a canned food donation.
9. Halloween Weekend at Boston Children’s Museum: Boston Children’s Museum is celebrating Halloween all weekend long with trick-or-treating at exhibits, face painting, crafts, and more. (Don’t forget: $1 admission on Friday nights!)
10. Fall Family Fun Day at The Lawn on D: Saturday, October 29, 2016 at The Lawn on D. Enjoy this fall family fun day with hay bale maze, pumpkin carving, face painting, and more!
11. Wilson Farm Children’s Costume Contest: Thursday, October 27, 2016 all day at Wilson Farm. Come dressed in your best Halloween costume to win a goodie bag! (Free Hay Maze open to the public too)
12. Kids’ Halloween Party: Thursday, October 27, 2016 at the Hill House. Head to the Firehouse at 127 Mount Vernon Street in Boston in costume for crafts, face painting and non spooky fun. Please bring a canned good.
13. Halloween Boo Bash: Saturday, October 29, 2016 from 4-6pm at the Derby Shoppes in Hingham. Enjoy live music, hayrides, pumpkin carving, and much more!
14. North End Halloween Party & Parade: Saturday, October 29, 2016 from 1-3pm in the North End. Enjoy a parade through the North End + some Halloween fun!
15. Trick or Treat to the Beat: Saturday, October 29, 2016 from 5-6:30pm at the New School of Music in Cambridge. Enjoy family friendly musical activities for all ages!
16. Boston Public Library Halloween Events: Check out your local Boston Library for fun Halloween events crafts, Halloween story time, movies, and more.
17. BCYF Halloween Parties: Check out your local Boston community center for Halloween fun for youth!
18. Haunted Off the Wall: Sunday, October 30, 2016 at the South End Open Market at the Ink Block. Enjoy the last outdoor market of the season with a live graffiti art party with Halloween theme murals, activities & costume contest!
19. Friends of Fort Point Pumpkin Pageant: Thursday, October 27, 2016 at Fort Point. Get creative and enter this annual pumpkin pageant!
20. Old North Family Fall Festival: Saturday, October 29, 2016 from 1-4pm at Old North Historic Site. Celebrate the fall at one of Boston’s unique sites with fun fall activities!
21. FallFest: Sunday, October 30, 2016 at Assembly Row in Somerville from 10:30-2:30pm. Enjoy trick-or-treating, crafts, family activities, and much more!
22. Halloween on the Harbor: Friday, October 28, 2016 in the Seaport District. Enjoy this annual trick-or-treating for grown-ups. $10, must be 21+.
23. Alternative Halloween Party: Saturday, October 29, 2016 starting at 7pm at Slumbrew. Don’t want to wear a costume this weekend? Celebrate at Slumbrew and if you order an entrée or a pint after 7pm, you’ll get a free slice of pumpkin pie while supplies last.
24. Run the Halloween Beer Dash: Saturday, October 29, 2016 starting at 11:30am at Conor Larkin’s. Enjoy a workout, free beer, and a costume contest.
25. 5th Annual Dia de Los Muertos celebration: Saturday, October 29, 2016 from 12-6pm at Taza Chocolate Factory Store in Somerville. Enjoy hot chocolate samples, crafts, face painting, music, and more at Taza Chocolate!
26. Scary Face Pancakes at IHOP: October 31, 2016 from 7am-10pm. Kids can get free scary face pancakes at IHOP on Halloween!
27. Boorito at Chipotle: October 31, 2016 from 3pm-Close at local Chipotle restaurants. Stop by your local Chopotle on Halloween night dressed in costume and score a boo-rito, bowl, salad, or tacos for $3.
28. Shake Shack Yappy Hour: Saturday, October 29, 2016 from 12-2pm in Chestnut Hill. Bring your dog in costume with some Halloween fun!
29. Halloween Pet Parade & Costume Contest: Saturday, October 29, 2016 from 12-2pm at Faneuil Hall Marketplace. Watch, enjoy, and possibly dress up your pet for this annual pet parade! Registration is required for costume contest.
30. Howl-O-Ween Pet Party: Saturday, October 29, 2016 from 11-1pm at the Seaport Hotel. Mix and mingle with other pet owners and pets and enter the pet costume party! Free and open to the public.
31. Salem Haunted Happenings: Events daily in Salem, Massachusetts. Is there a better place to celebrate Halloween than Salem, MA? Check out some great Haunted Happenings all month.
Please me know in the comments below if I missed any fun and budget-friendly events in the Greater Boston area for Halloween!
You May Also Like:
- Discount Tickets to Halloween Events in Boston
- Apple Picking and Pumpkin Picking in the Greater Boston area
- Pics in the Park Returns this October
- Free Film Fridays at the Museum of Science this October
- Half Price Event Tickets in Boston
- Free Parking in Boston – Know when to park for free with this Boston Parking Holidays guide - January 17, 2023
- Free museums in Boston – Cheap, discounted admission days for museums near you - January 4, 2023
- Seltzerland Boston – the nationally-touring hard seltzer celebration is coming to the Rockland Golf Course!!! - June 5, 2022