There’s so many fun and free events happening every Friday this summer in Boston and across Massachusetts from free attractions, free outdoor movies in city, free live music and much more!
Here is a roundup of all the free events, activities, and more in Boston and Massachusetts for Friday, August, 19, 2016:
Free Fun Friday Schedule
The Highland Street Foundation Free Fun Fridays take place every Friday with free admission to great attractions in Massachusetts thanks to the Highland Street Foundation. Here’s where you can get in free this Friday:
- The Institute of Contemporary Art, Boston (*Landmarks Orchestra will be playing for free from 12:30-2pm)
- USS Constitution Museum, Charlestown
- The Discovery Museums, Acton
- EcoTarium, Worcester
- The Children’s Museum of Greater Fall River, Fall River
- New England Historic Genealogical Society, Boston
- Fuller Craft Museum, Brockton
- Griffin Photography Museum, Winchester
Free Outdoor Movie Screening in Boston
Enjoy free Outdoor Movie Screenings of your favorite movies every Friday night at dusk in Boston. Here’s what and where you can watch outdoor movies in the city:
- Free Friday Flicks at the Hatch Shell: Up at dusk at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Boston Harbor Hotel Classic Movie Fridays: The Sandlot at dusk at the Boston Harbor Hotel Courtyard
More Friday Events in Boston and Beyond
Looking for even more fun this Friday in Boston? Here’s some more free and fun events:
- Boston GreenFest: August 19-21, 2016. Free multicultural environmental music festival in Boston.
- Fisherman’s Feast: August 18-21, 2016. Free North End Festival and is Boston’s oldest continuous festival!
- Shakespeare’s As You Like It: Free performance of As You Like It at Longfellow Park from August 18-21, 2016
- Concerts in the Courtyard: Free music from 12:30-1:30pm at Boston Public Central Library Courtyard this summer
- Lunchtime Yoga: Grab your mat for free yoga on the Greenway at 12:15pm, registration recommended.
- P.O. Fitness: Free Bootcamp at 7:15am at Post Office Square
- Boston Parks Fitness Series: Free boot camp and yoga in Boston on Fridays
- November Project: Free fitness on Friday mornings at 6:30am
- The Lawn on D Lunch Break: Enjoy free music every Friday from 12-2pm at The Lawn on D
- Free Friday Night Fun (Acton, MA): Head to The Discovery Museum in Acton for free admission every Friday night this summer (If you’d rather be in Boston, The Boston Children’s Museum has $1 admission every Friday night)
Please let me know if I missed any free and fun things happening this Friday in Boston. Don’t forget to check back tomorrow to find some more free fun happening this weekend in the city! Hope you have a great day!
You May Also Like:
- 27+ Free Things to Do in Boston This Summer
- Free Outdoor Movie Series in Boston for Summer 2016
- Free Music Series and Concerts in Boston for Summer 2016
- Whale Watching Discounts for Summer 2016
- Discount Tickets for Codzilla
- Boston Duck Tour Discount Tickets
- Provincetown Fast Ferry Discount Tickets
- Red Sox Games on a Budget
- Top Things to Do in Boston on Vacation