There’s so many fun and free events happening every Friday this summer in Boston and across Massachusetts from free attractions, free outdoor movies in city, free live music and much more!
Here is a roundup of all the free events, activities, and more in Boston and Massachusetts for Friday, August, 26, 2016 for the very last Free Fun Friday of the summer!
Free Fun Friday Schedule
The Highland Street Foundation Free Fun Fridays take place every Friday with free admission to great attractions in Massachusetts thanks to the Highland Street Foundation. Here’s where you can get in free this Friday:
- Franklin Park Zoo, Boston
- Old Sturbridge Village, Sturbridge
- Freedom Trail Foundation, Boston
- Museum of African American History, Boston
- Norman Rockwell Museum, Stockbridge
- Berkshire Museum, Pittsfield
- Ventfort Hall Mansion and Gilded Age Museum, Lenox
- Cape Cod Museum of Natural History, Brewster
Free Outdoor Movie Screening in Boston
Enjoy free Outdoor Movie Screenings of your favorite movies every Friday night at dusk in Boston. Here’s what and where you can watch outdoor movies in the city:
- Free Friday Flicks at the Hatch Shell: Ant-Man at dusk at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Boston Harbor Hotel Classic Movie Fridays: Some Like It Hot at dusk at the Boston Harbor Hotel Courtyard
- Films at the Gate: Pui Chan Documentary at 8pm at the Chinatown Gate
More Friday Events in Boston and Beyond
Looking for even more fun this Friday in Boston? Here’s some more free and fun events:
- Free Admission to all National Parks: Celebrate the National Park Service’s 100th Birthday with free admission to all parks
- Shakespeare’s As You Like It: August 25-28 at Danehy Park in Cambridge for a free performance!
- Concerts in the Courtyard: Free music from 12:30-1:30pm at Boston Public Central Library Courtyard this summer
- Lunchtime Yoga: Grab your mat for free yoga on the Greenway at 12:15pm, registration recommended.
- P.O. Fitness: Free Bootcamp at 7:15am at Post Office Square
- Boston Parks Fitness Series: Free boot camp and yoga in Boston on Fridays
- November Project: Free fitness on Friday mornings at 6:30am
- Free Friday Night Fun (Acton, MA): Head to The Discovery Museum in Acton for free admission every Friday night this summer (If you’d rather be in Boston, The Boston Children’s Museum has $1 admission every Friday night)
Please let me know if I missed any free and fun things happening this Friday in Boston. Don’t forget to check back tomorrow to find some more free fun happening this weekend in the city!
Hope you have a great day!
You May Also Like:
- 27+ Free Things to Do in Boston This Summer
- Free Outdoor Movie Series in Boston for Summer 2016
- Free Music Series and Concerts in Boston for Summer 2016
- Whale Watching Discounts for Summer 2016
- Discount Tickets for Codzilla
- Boston Duck Tour Discount Tickets
- Provincetown Fast Ferry Discount Tickets
- Red Sox Games on a Budget
- Top Things to Do in Boston on Vacation
- Things to Do On Budget in Boston This Weekend (February 19-21): Free & Cheap Events - February 18, 2021
- Where to get the Coronavirus Vaccine in Boston? - February 17, 2021
- Valentine’s Day in Boston – Complete Guide For Everything You Will Need - February 12, 2021