There are so many free fitness classes and events in and around Boston available this summer. No excuses now, right?
Please let me know in the comments below which free fitness classes are your favorite and if I missed any free fitness programs this summer in Boston!
Boston Parks Summer Fitness Series: Free bootcamp, yoga, zumba, salsa dancing and much more at local Boston parks in June, July, and August starting June 1, 2015. For the full schedule, please head here.
Norman B. Leventhal Park: Free yoga, pilates, bootcamp, zumba and more offered Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at Post Office Square from June 1, 2015 to September 17, 2015. For the full schedule, please click here.
Summer Yoga at Frog Pond: Starting on Thursday, June 4th, free yoga classes will occur on the lawn adjacent to the Frog Pond Carousel at 6:00pm every Thursday night this summer until August 27, 2015. Please bring your own mat and blocks if you can.
Free Outdoor Bootcamp Series: Get fit with free Bootcamp from 6-7pm at the North End Greenway on Wednesdays in June from City Sports and Beantown Bootcamp.
The North Face Mountain Athletics Training: Free Mountain Athletics training every Tuesday from 6:30-7:30pm in Boston Common.
MSL Pilates Summer Bootcamp: Free MSL Pilates Summer Bootcamp twice a month on Monday nights from 6:30pm-7:15pm on the Rose F. Kennedy Greenway from June to September.
Free Salsa in the Park: Enjoy free salsa dancing this summer at the Blackstone Community Center park in the South End starting June 8, 2015 on Mondays from 6-9pm!
Yoga on the Green: Free Yoga on Sundays from 10am to 11am @ The Street in Chestnut Hill (on the green) from June to September 13, 2015!
Island Yoga at Spectacle Island: Enjoy a gentle yoga class on Saturdays from June 20, 2015 to September 5, 2015 at 10:15am. Classes are free (just bring a mat or towel) but you do need to pay for ferry fares to Spectacle Island.
Healthy Fit and Fun from the Esplanade Association: The Esplanade Association partners with organizations across the city to bring free fitness and fun from July 9, 2015 to September 10, 2015. Registration is required. Here’s the schedule:
- Free Zumba: Tuesdays at 6pm at the Hatch Shell. Sponsored by Healthworks
- Sunset Yoga: Wednesdays at 6pm at the Fielder Field. Sponsored by Athleta (must bring a mat)
- Run Club: Wednesdays at 6:30pm at Marathon Sports: 671 Boylston Street. Sponsored by Marathon Sports Boston
- CrossFit: Thursdays at 6pm at Fielder Field. Sponsored by The Reebok Foundation
Donation Yoga: Branching Out Yoga offers donation yoga the first and third Sunday of the month at Arnold Arboretum (near Dawson Pond) from 9-10am.
Free Yoga with South Boston Studio: Free 45-minute yoga class on the Rose F. Kennedy Greenway every Friday at 12:15pm this summer. Please bring your own mat or towel.
Equinox Summer Yoga: Free Yoga at the Liberty Hotel at 10am on Saturdays
Troops for Fitness: Free fitness classes across Boston lead by former military personnel
Porter Square Run Club: City Sports sponsors a run club every Saturday at 10am, which meets at Porter Square.
Back Bay Run Club: City Sports sponsors a run club every Tuesday at 6pm, which meets at City Sports Back Bay.
Wednesday Run Group: Marathon Sports sponsors a run group every Wednesday night at 6:30pm which meets at their Boston, Brookline, Cambridge, and Wellesley store locations.
lululemon athletica Run Club: Free run club every Monday at 6pm.
November Project: Work out with a positive support group every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for free workouts through the November Project.
Please make sure you do your due-diligence and research these free programs before you head out. Some events are rain or shine, but some free classes are weather permitting and may be canceled at the last minute.
If I missed any free fitness classes, run clubs, or other free fitness programs or made any errors on the list above, please let me know in the comments below. Thank you!
Hope you reach any fitness goals you may have this summer!
For even more fun and cheap things to do this summer in Boston, please head here!
You May Also Like:
- 27 Free Things to Do in Boston This Summer
- Free Outdoor Movies for Summer 2015 in Boston
- Free Summer Concerts in Boston for 2015
- Top Things to See in Boston on Vacation
- Free Birthday Meals and Deals in Boston
- Free Museums in Boston by Day of the Week
- Cheap Eats and Drinks in Boston
- Red Sox Games on a Budget
- Boston Transportation Options: Promo Codes for Lyft, Uber & More!
- Tips for Boston Visitors
- Super Bowl Food Specials in Boston – Verified Local Deals on Pizza, Wings & more - February 12, 2022
- Boston Parking Holidays 2022: Schedule for Free Parking Days & Hours - January 4, 2022
- Free Photos with Santa in and near Boston - December 11, 2021