The free July Drive-In Movie Theaters is coming to Boston! Mayor Marty Walsh announced the drive-in movie initiative on Twitter Wednesday along with Boston Parks and Recreation and the Office of Sports, Tourism, and Entertainment.
Movies for kids and adults alike will be featured, such as “Trolls” and “Moana” along with “Jurassic Park” and “Yesterday”. The drive-in theater will take place at the following spots in the city:
- July 8th at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center Parking Lot: Moana will begin at 6 p.m. EST with Yesterday starting at 8:30 p.m. EST
- July 15th at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center Parking Lot: Frozen begins at 6 p.m. EST and Jurassic Park follows at 8:30 p.m.
- July 22 at 121 Halleck Street in Roxbury: Coco begins at 6 p.m. EST
- July 29 at 121 Halleck Street in Roxbury: Trolls starts at 6 p.m. EST with Harriet at 8:30 p.m. EST
In his message, Mayor Walsh stated “I know we’re all missing the traditions and summer activities that we usually do and love, but even during these difficult times we’re still finding ways to come together, and that’s what we’re here doing tonight.”
All movies are free, however, event attendees must pre-register through an RSVP on Eventbrite. There will be no early entry permitted to the shows, and you must be able to show your ticket confirmation.
All guests must park their cars at least six feet apart and wear masks at any time they are outside their cars. There will be concessions and restrooms, both of which will be cleaned regularly.
- Free Museums, the Science of Snow Among Top 10 Things to Do in Boston This Week Starting January 17th - January 16, 2022
- Free Museum Access, Yoga on Ice Among Top 10 Things to Do in Boston This Weekend Starting January 14 - January 13, 2022
- Christmas Lights in Boston – 10 Best Places For Holiday Lights In 2021 - December 20, 2021