Christmas is officially over and it’s time to start thinking about New Years Eve, if you haven’t already. First Night Boston is back and is a great way to ring in the New Year! There are events all over the city to help you celebrate and all outdoor events are free.
There are so many great events and activities happening at First Night Boston 2014. Head here to find a list of all scheduled events, including two fireworks displays at 7pm and Midnight. Would you judge me if I went to the 7pm kid-friendly fireworks display kid-less?
Indoor events do require a purchase of a First Night Button which is $10 and children under 4 are free. (There are select concerts that are an additional cost). First Night Buttons also offer discounted admission and benefits for button holders. If you have a First Night button here’s some discounts you can score:
- Freedom Trail Foundation: Save $2 off adult ticket
- Otis House Museum: 2-for-1 admission for regular tours from 12/1/13 to 1/31/14
- United South End Settlements- Children’s Art Centre: 10% off discount on select programs
- Brattle Theatre: $2 off admission to all regular films in January
- Boston National Historic Park in the Charlestown Navy Yard: Make rope with a park ranger and other cool perks that are great for kids
- Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum: Free admission for the first 300 button holders on 12/28/13, 12/29/13 and 12/30/13
- Frost Ice Bar: $10 admission to Frost Ice Bar (last entry on NYE is 8pm)
- Barrington Coffee Roasting Company: 10% off any prepared beverage
- Pier 6 in Charlestown: 10% off lunch Monday-Friday 11am-4pm
- Style Café in Charlestown: 10% of all purchases
- Boston Pretzel Bakery: Free dipping sauce with a purchase of a pretzel
- Emack & Bolio’s at TD Garden North Station: 10% off
- Barlow’s Restaurant in South Boston: 10% off your check through February, alcohol not included, one per table
- CityGolf Boston: Buy two hours of golf simulation, get two hours free & 20% off all golf lesson packages
- Canvas Fine Arts: Free in-home consultation
- Kevin Day Photography: $40 off any photography service now until 1/31/14
- A Matter of Face: 50% off locally made lip balm
- Yummy Walks: 20% off any food tour until March 15, 2014
- Christmas in Boston: Free photo opportunities with Snowman
You can check out all the First Night discounts here and make sure you read the terms and bring your button with you! There are many places through the city and suburbs where you can buy a First Night Button like in person at First Night, BosTix booths and at CVS stores. Here’s all the spots where you can buy a First Night button.
There’s so many free and inexpensive events happening in Boston for First Night Boston during the day and night! Do you have a favorite First Night event or memory?
- Mother’s Day Brunch in Boston – 2021 Restaurants Specials - May 6, 2021
- Mother’s Day Specials in Boston: Best Freebies and Deals in 2021 - May 2, 2021
- Free Museum Days in Boston – Cheap Admission By Day Of The Week - April 18, 2021