Every Friday, I feature a fun and budget-friendly option in the Greater Boston area. The “Feature Friday” is typically mentioned on the Cheap Eats list, Free Things to Do in Boston, or Discount Attractions. However, there’s so much budget-friendly ideas on my pages, I thought it would be fun to feature something budget-friendly and different each week. Also, each Feature Friday is something I have personal experience with or took advantage of recently! Enjoy!
The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum is an unique art museum in the Fenway-Kenmore neighborhood of Boston. The museum opened in 1903 and the building was designed to emulate a 15th century Venetian palace. If you haven’t been to this museum before, it’s definitely worth it.
Admission to the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum is $15 with visitors 17 and under free. However, there are many different ways to get discounted or free admission to the museum. Here’s some of the best ways:
- Free admission on your birthday and/or third Thursday evening events during your birthday month. If your birthday falls on a Tuesday when it’s closed, you can visit on Monday or Wednesday for free.
- Visitors under 18 are free
- If your name is Isabella, you can get in free… for life.
- EBT: Show your EBT card & photo ID and receive $2 admission for up 4 adults.
- Free admission for college students at participating universities (or $5 admission with current student ID)
- Free admission for military families year round with proper ID
- Discounted pass at $5 per person (up to 4 people on weekdays & 2 people on weekends/holidays) with Boston Public Library card, available at Jamaica Plain, Roslindale, West Roxbury and Central Library
In addition to the above discounts, the Isabella Stewart Gardner will occasionally have free days, which I will share on the blog. (I went to one this summer and it was so easy to get in and fun to explore the museum!)
On Monday, October 13th, the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum (along with other local museums) will be free for Opening Our Doors 2014! This is a great way to check out the Isabella Stewart Gardner for free!
Have you been to the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum before? What is your favorite art museum in Boston?
- Seltzerland Boston – the nationally-touring hard seltzer celebration is coming to the Rockland Golf Course!!! - June 5, 2022
- Super Bowl Food Specials in Boston – Verified Local Deals on Pizza, Wings & more - February 12, 2022
- Boston Parking Holidays 2022: Schedule for Free Parking Days & Hours - January 4, 2022