There’s so many fun and inexpensive events this weekend in Boston! As always, please let me know in the comments below if I missed your favorite free event!
Head of the Charles Regatta: October 22-23, 2016 on the Charles River. Enjoy this two day rowing competition with over 11,000 athletes and cheer them on!
2016 Fall Pumpkin Float: Sunday, October 23, 2016 at Boston Common Frog Pond from 4:30-6:30pm. Enjoy floating pumpkins, haunted zombie maze, live music, and much more! Free.
Halloween Celebration on Castle Island: October 22-23, 2016 at Castle Island. Celebrate Halloween with magicians, storytelling, refreshments and more! Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Boston Veg Food Fest: October 22-23, 2016 at the Reggie Lewis Athletic Center. Enjoy this annual festival celebrating the vegetable! Free admission, free parking and free samples!
20th Annual A Cappella Competition: October 22-23, 2016 at Faneuil Hall. Over 30 A Cappella groups will be performing for the winning title at Faneuil Hall this weekend!
Oktoberfest on D: October 21-23, 2016 at The Lawn on D. Enjoy german food, beer, fun games, live music, and more. The event is free but RSVP is required. (Note: You must be 21+ to enter the Oktoberfest tent)
Free Trip to Spectacle Island: Saturday, October 22, 2016. Spend the day at Spectacle Island with a free cruise with a 10 AM departure. Reservations are required.
Family Day at MassArt: Saturday, October 22, 2016 from 11-4pm. Head to MassArt to enjoy art and interactive displays designed by students. Free and open to all.
South End Open Market: Every Sunday though October from 10-4pm at the Ink Block! Enjoy three amazing markets every Sunday at a new location, the Ink Block! Enjoy a farmers market, handcrafted goods, and delicious food trucks at the South End Open Market.
Harvard Art Museums: Massachusetts residents are admitted free every Saturday morning from 10am to Noon year-round with proof of residency
Harvard Museum of Natural History: Massachusetts residents are admitted free every Sunday morning from 9am to Noon year-round with proof of residency
Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology: Massachusetts residents are admitted free every Sunday morning from 9am to Noon year-round with proof of residency
Hope you have a great weekend!
You May Also Like:
- Apple and Pumpkin Picking in the Greater Boston Area
- Discount Tickets to Halloween Events in Boston
- Discount Tickets to the Blue Man Group
- Comedy on a Budget in Boston
- Half-Price Event Tickets in Boston
- Boston Duck Tour Discount Tickets
- Top Things to Do in Boston on Vacation
- Boston Valentine’s Day 2023 – Best Events, Parties and Celebrations near you - February 7, 2023
- Free Parking in Boston – Know when to park for free with this Boston Parking Holidays guide - January 17, 2023
- Free museums in Boston – Cheap, discounted admission days for museums near you - January 4, 2023