Don’t forget to check out the post Where Mom Gets in Free on Mother’s Day for more fun and cheap things to do on Sunday!
Free Ferry Day to Boston Harbor Islands: Saturday, May 7, 2016. It is Opening Weekend for Georges and Spectacle Island and celebrate with a free ferry ride!
Lilac Sunday: Sunday, May 8, 2016 at the Arnold Arboretum. Celebrate the lilac with this daylong celebration with family activities, food vendors, and more!
Wake Up The Earth Festival & Parade: Saturday, May 7, 2016 in JP from 12pm to 6pm. Enjoy this festival with 4 stages of music and performances with fun for all ages!
Free Comic Book Day: Saturday, May 7, 2016 at participating locations. Celebrate Free Comic Book day with a free comic book from over 2,300 comic book stores participating in this annual day!
First Free Yoga in the Park: Saturday, May 7, 2016 (and Every Saturday until September). Kicking off this Saturday for the spring/summer season, head to Baxter Riverfront Park in Somerville for free yoga. Registration required.
ArtWeek Boston: April 29, 2016 to May 8, 2016. Enjoy this 10-day festival with over 100 different events celebrating the arts in Boston! Events are $0-$50, depending on the event.
South End Open Market: Every Sunday though October from 10-4pm at the Ink Block! Enjoy three amazing markets every Sunday at a new location, the Ink Block! Enjoy a farmers market, handcrafted goods, and delicious food trucks at the South End Open Market!
Bank of America’s Museum on Us: Saturday and Sunday, May 7-8, 2016. Bank of America & Merrill Lynch cardholders can get into select museums the first weekend of every month for free by showing their bank card (per cardholder, not family). Museum of Fine Arts, MIT Museum and other museums across the state participate.
Harvard Art Museums: Massachusetts residents are admitted free every Saturday morning from 10am to Noon year-round with proof of residency
Harvard Museum of Natural History: Massachusetts residents are admitted free every Sunday morning from 9am to Noon year-round with proof of residency
Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology: Massachusetts residents are admitted free every Sunday morning from 9am to Noon year-round with proof of residency
Please let me know in the comments below if I missed any great and cheap events! Hope you have a great weekend!
You May Also Like:
- Half-Price Event Tickets in Boston
- Boston Duck Tour Discount Tickets
- Boston Comedy Shows on a Budget
- Top Things to See in Boston on Vacation
- Free Run Clubs in Boston
- Discount Tickets to Blue Man Group
- Discount Tickets for LEGOLAND Discovery Boston
- How to Find Affordable Hotels in Boston
- Rare Pieces for Shaw’s Monopoly Game 2016
- Seltzerland Boston – the nationally-touring hard seltzer celebration is coming to the Rockland Golf Course!!! - June 5, 2022
- Super Bowl Food Specials in Boston – Verified Local Deals on Pizza, Wings & more - February 12, 2022
- Boston Parking Holidays 2022: Schedule for Free Parking Days & Hours - January 4, 2022