There’s so many fun and cheap things to do in Boston for this Mother’s Day weekend! If you are looking to celebrate Mom (or yourself) don’t forget to check out my post Where Mom Gets in Free in the Greater Boston Area for Mother’s Day!
As always, please let me know in the comments below if I missed your favorite free event!
Free Ferry Day: Saturday, May 13, 2017. The Boston Harbor Islands return for the season this Saturday and you can take a FREE ferry to George’s Island or Spectacle Island to celebrate! First-come, first-serve.
Lilac Sunday: *Date Change to Saturday, 5/13!*
Sunday, May 14, 2017 from 10-3pm at Arnold Arboretum. Head to the Arnold Arboretum for tours of the lilacs and other collections, family activities, food vendors, and more!
Springtime Spectacular at The Lawn on D: Saturday, May 13, 2017 at The Lawn on D starting at noon. Enjoy activities all day for all ages, live music, games, and much more!
Somerville Porchfest: Saturday, May 13, 2017 on the porches of Somerville Musicians. Head to the porches of local musicians for a day of free music and fun!
Wake up the Earth Festival and Parade: Rescheduled for Saturday, May 13, 2017. Head to Jamaica Plain for this family-friendly festival and parade.
Brookline Cherry Blossom Festival: Saturday, May 13, 2017 from 12-4pm at Brookline High School Quad. Enjoy live music, entertainment, food and more for this annual festival. $5 for students, $10-20 for families.
Cambridge Open Studios: May 13-14, 2017 in Cambridge. Head to Cambridge where locals artists will be opening up their studios for free this weekend!
Fort Point Art Walk: May 13-14, 2017 in Fort Point. The Fort Point arts community will be opening their studios for free this weekend!
Kids FunFest: May 13-14, 2017 in Newton Centre Green. Enjoy this fair with fun activities for kids with dance troupes, amusement rides, craft vendors, and more.
SoWa Open Market: Saturdays and Sundays through October from 10-4pm. Enjoy the largest celebration of local artists, farmers, chefs, musicians, and more in Boston!
Greenway Open Market: Every Saturday (and 1st and 3rd Sunday of each month) from 11-6pm until October. Enjoy handmade local arts and crafts, food trucks, and more!
Harvard Art Museums: Massachusetts residents are admitted free every Saturday morning from 10am to Noon year-round with proof of residency
Harvard Museum of Natural History: Massachusetts residents are admitted free every Sunday morning from 9am to Noon year-round with proof of residency
Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology: Massachusetts residents are admitted free every Sunday morning from 9am to Noon year-round with proof of residency
Hope you have a GREAT weekend!
You May Also Like:
- Top Budget-Friendly Things to Do This Spring in Boston
- How to Save Up to 30% off Your Restaurant Bill with GoPapaya!
- How to Find Cheap Red Sox Tickets and Parking
- Discount Tickets and Ways to Save at Edaville Railroad
- Discount Tickets for the Boston Duck Tours
- Discounts and Deals for the New England Aquarium
- Where to Find Free Birthday Stuff in Boston, 2017 Version
- Half-Price Event Tickets in Boston
- How to Watch New England Patriots Games Free or Cheap without Cable - September 26, 2020
- How to Watch Boston Celtics Games Online Free or Cheap without Cable - September 26, 2020
- Things to Do in Boston This Weekend (September 25-27): Free & Cheap Events - September 24, 2020