There’s always some fun and free to do in Boston and beyond on the weekends. Here are some ideas of some cheap things to do for the first weekend of June!
Cambridge Arts River Festival: Saturday, June 2, 2018 from 11-6pm at East Cambridge Waterfront. Enjoy this annual festival with music, dance, workshops and more for people of all ages!
Historic New England Open House: Saturday, June 2, 2018 at participating Historic New England properties. Most Historic New England properties are free this weekend for their annual Open House, including the Otis House in Boston.
Pride Day @ Faneuil Hall: Saturday, June 2, 2018 from 12-5pm. Head to Faneuil Hall Marketplace for free family-friendly entertainment featuring local artists, youth acts, drag performances, and more.
Dorchester Day Parade: Sunday, June 3, 2018 in Dorchester. Enjoy this annual Dorchester Day parade that kicks off at 1pm in the streets of Dorchester.
Coolidge Corner Arts Festival: Saturday, June 2, 2018 from 11-6pm in Coolidge Corner. Shop the work of over 100 makers, enjoy food trucks, and live music this Saturday!
Free Fishing Weekend: June 2-3, 2018 across Massachusetts. No license is required to fish in Massachusetts this weekend so fish for free this weekend!
Arlington Greek Festival: June 1-3, 2018 at 4 Appleton Street in Arlington. Head to Arlington this weekend for this annual Greek Festival with games, rides, food, fun activities, and more! Free admission and free parking.
Coda’s 10th Birthday: June 2, 2018 from 2-4pm at Coda Bar & Kitchen. Head to Coda Bar & Kitchen in the South End to celebrate their 10th Birthday with complimentary oysters and rosé!
Bank of America’s Museum on Us: Saturday and Sunday, June 2-3, 2018. Bank of America & Merrill Lynch cardholders can get into select museums the first weekend of every month for free by showing their bank card (per cardholder, not family). Museum of Fine Arts, MIT Museum and other museums across the state participate.
SoWa Open Market: Every Sunday May to October from 10-4pm. Enjoy this award-winning open market with local artisans, farmers, musicians, food trucks, and more!
Greenway Open Market: Every Saturday (and 1st and 3rd Sunday of each month) from 11-6pm until October. Enjoy handmade local arts and crafts, food trucks, and more!
Harvard Art Museums: Massachusetts residents are admitted free every Saturday morning from 10am to Noon year-round with proof of residency
Harvard Museum of Natural History: Massachusetts residents are admitted free every Sunday morning from 9am to Noon year-round with proof of residency
Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology: Massachusetts residents are admitted free every Sunday morning from 9am to Noon year-round with proof of residency
Hope you have a great weekend!
- Free Fitness Classes in Boston for Summer 2018
- Red Sox Games on a Budget
- Edaville Railroad Discounts for 2018
- Discount Tickets to Story Land
- 7 Free Tours in Boston
- Discount Boston Duck Tour Tickets
- Half-Price Event Tickets in Boston
- Top Things to Do in Boston on Vacation
- How to Find Affordable Hotels in Boston
- Is the Boston Go City Worth it?
- Boston Museums with Free Admission Every Day of the Week
- Seltzerland Boston – the nationally-touring hard seltzer celebration is coming to the Rockland Golf Course!!! - June 5, 2022
- Super Bowl Food Specials in Boston – Verified Local Deals on Pizza, Wings & more - February 12, 2022
- Boston Parking Holidays 2022: Schedule for Free Parking Days & Hours - January 4, 2022