There are so many fun and affordable things to do this weekend in Boston! As always, please let me know in the comments below if I missed any fun and free events in Boston!
Revere Beach Sand Sculpting Festival: July 21-23, 2017 at Revere Beach. Head to Revere for this annual Sand Sculpting Festival to watch master sculptors compete for first place and enjoy live entertainment, food trucks, fireworks, and more!
FIGMENT Boston: July 22-23, 2017. Enjoy this annual free celebration of participatory art and culture on the Rose Kennedy Greenway in Boston.
Shakespeare on the Common: July 22-23, 2017. Enjoy a free performance of Romeo & Juliet at Parkman Bandstand on Boston Common at 8PM on Saturday and 7PM on Sunday.
Neponset RiverFest: Saturday, July 22, 2017 from 10-2PM at DCR Neponset Park in Dorchester. Enjoy a day of free fun at Neponset Park with live music, splash pad, kayak, create art, and much more! Free.
Open Newbury Street: July 23, 2017. On three Sundays this summer, Newbury Street will be pedestrian only from 10-6PM.
Where’s Waldo?: Saturday, July 22, 2017 from 1-4pm. Waldo will be hiding a numerous locations amongst Harvard Square and tots to teens are encouraged to find him as Waldo turns 30. Free.
Sidewalk Sale and Street Festival: July 22-23, 2017 at The Street. Head to Chestnut Hill for this annual sidewalk sale and street festival featuring great deals, live music, and much more!
Magic 106.7 Family Film Festival at the Prudential Center: Saturday, July 22, 2017. Enjoy a free outdoor movie in the South Garden at the Prudential Center at dusk (fun starts at 6pm) with a free screening of Pete’s Dragon (Live Action).
Sylvester Baxter Riverfront Park Movie Series: Saturday, July 22, 2017. Enjoy a free outdoor movie at Sylvester Baxter Riverfront Park at Assembly Row in Somerville at dusk for a free movie screening of The Jungle Book (Live)
Sunday Night Movie Night at Christopher Columbus Park: Sunday, July 23, 2017. Enjoy a free outdoor movie at Christopher Columbus Park on Sunday night at dusk with a free movie screening of Despicable Me 2.
SoWa Open Market: Saturdays and Sundays through October from 10-4pm. Enjoy the largest celebration of local artists, farmers, chefs, musicians, and more in Boston!
Greenway Open Market: Every Saturday (and 1st and 3rd Sunday of each month) from 11-6pm until October. Enjoy handmade local arts and crafts, food trucks, and more!
Harvard Art Museums: Massachusetts residents are admitted free every Saturday morning from 10am to Noon year-round with proof of residency
Harvard Museum of Natural History: Massachusetts residents are admitted free every Sunday morning from 9am to Noon year-round with proof of residency
Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology: Massachusetts residents are admitted free every Sunday morning from 9am to Noon year-round with proof of residency
Also, keep in mind that Saturday night is World Naked Bike Ride just in case you want to participate or steer clear.
Hope you have a great weekend!
You May Also Like:
- Free Fitness Classes and Programs in Boston for Summer 2017
- Free Outdoor Movie Series in Boston for Summer 2017
- Free Music Series in Boston for Summer 2017
- How to Find Cheap Red Sox Tickets and Parking
- Discount Tickets for the Boston Duck Tours
- Discounts and Deals for the New England Aquarium
- Where to Find Free Birthday Stuff in Boston, 2017 Version
- Half-Price Event Tickets in Boston
- Top Things to Do in Boston on Vacation
- Free Parking in Boston – Know when to park for free with this Boston Parking Holidays guide - January 17, 2023
- Free museums in Boston – Cheap, discounted admission days for museums near you - January 4, 2023
- Seltzerland Boston – the nationally-touring hard seltzer celebration is coming to the Rockland Golf Course!!! - June 5, 2022