Happy (almost) weekend! Here’s some fun and cheap things to do this weekend in the Greater Boston area. As always, please let me know in the comments below if I missed any fun and free events in Boston.
If you are looking for free things to do for this Friday, please head here.
Outside the Box Festival: July 13-17, 2016 at Boston Common. Enjoy this FREE Performing Arts Festival at Boston Common with local and national acts!
WGBH FunFest: Saturday, July 16, 2016 at the WGBH Studios in Brighton. Enjoy a fun afternoon with interactive games, kid activities, ice cream and more! Tickets are $10 but you can get discount tickets for $5 through Goldstar Boston. (There’s also a WGBH Craft Beef Fest if that’s more your thing & discount tickets start at $30)
Boston Urban Arts Festival: July 16, 2016 from 12-5pm at Martini Shell Memorial Park in Hyde Park. Enjoy live performances, arts & crafts, face painting, giveaways, and more with this free arts festival.
Magic Family Film Festival: Saturday, July 16, 2016. Free outdoor movie screening of The Good Dinosaur at the Prudential Center courtyard at dusk (rain date the following Tuesday if needed).
Sylvester Baxter Riverfront Park Movie Series: Saturday, July 16, 2016. Free outdoor movie screening of Disney’s Cinderella at Sylvester Baxter Riverfront Park in Somerville at dusk.
Sunday Night Movie Night: Sunday, July 17, 2016. Free outdoor movie screening of Monsters Inc. on the lawn at Christopher Columbus Park at dusk.
South End Open Market: Every Sunday though October from 10-4pm at the Ink Block! Enjoy three amazing markets every Sunday at a new location, the Ink Block! Enjoy a farmers market, handcrafted goods, and delicious food trucks at the South End Open Market.
Harvard Art Museums: Massachusetts residents are admitted free every Saturday morning from 10am to Noon year-round with proof of residency
Harvard Museum of Natural History: Massachusetts residents are admitted free every Sunday morning from 9am to Noon year-round with proof of residency
Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology: Massachusetts residents are admitted free every Sunday morning from 9am to Noon year-round with proof of residency
Sunday Parkland Games: Sunday, July 17, 2016 at North Point Park in Cambridge from 3:30-6pm. Enjoy free games and activities almost every Sunday afternoon in the summer.
Hope you have a great weekend!
You May Also Like:
- Half-Price Event Tickets in Boston
- 27+ Free Things to Do This Summer in Boston
- Free Outdoor Movie Series in Boston for Summer 2016
- Free Music Series and Concerts in Boston for Summer 2016
- Whale Watching Discounts for Summer 2016
- Discount Tickets for Codzilla
- Boston Duck Tour Discount Tickets
- Provincetown Fast Ferry Discount Tickets
- Red Sox Games on a Budget
- Top Things to Do in Boston on Vacation
- Is the Go Boston Pass Worth It?
- Boston Hotels on a Budget
- Things to Do On Budget in Boston This Weekend (March 5-7) - March 4, 2021
- Where to get the Coronavirus Vaccine in Boston? - February 17, 2021
- Valentine’s Day in Boston – Complete Guide For Everything You Will Need - February 12, 2021