How is it the last weekend of August already?! Here are some fun and affordable things to do in Boston this last weekend in August.
As always, please let me know in the comments below if I missed any fun and free events in Boston!
Saint Anthony’s Feast: August 25-27, 2017. Enjoy this annual North End Festival this weekend in Boston’s North End. Free.
Boston JazzFest: Saturday, August 26, 2017 in the Seaport District. Enjoy a day of free diverse jazz music at Boston’s Waterfront!
End of Summer Kids Bash: Saturday, August 26, 2017 at Waterfront Plaza from 12-2PM. Enjoy an afternoon of family fun with face painting, music, snacks, and more!
Shakespeare’s Hamlet A Brown Box Theatre Project: Sunday, August 27, 2017. Free outdoor Shakespeare on Sunday night on Waterfront Plaza at 7:30PM.
Magic 106.7 Family Film Festival at the Prudential Center: Saturday, August 26, 2017. Enjoy a free outdoor movie in the South Garden at the Prudential Center at dusk (fun starts at 6pm) with a free screening of The Secret Life of Pets.
Sylvester Baxter Riverfront Park Movie Series: Saturday, August 26, 2017. Enjoy a free outdoor movie at Sylvester Baxter Riverfront Park at Assembly Row in Somerville at dusk for a free movie screening of Star Wars: Rogue One.
Sunday Night Movie Night at Christopher Columbus Park: Sunday, August 27, 2017. Enjoy a free outdoor movie at Christopher Columbus Park on Sunday night at dusk with a free movie screening of Hairspray.
Films by the Gate: August 25-27, 2017 in Chinatown. Enjoy kung fu movies and more this weekend by the gate in Chinatown.
SoWa Open Market: Saturdays and Sundays through October from 10-4pm. Enjoy the largest celebration of local artists, farmers, chefs, musicians, and more in Boston!
Greenway Open Market: Every Saturday (and 1st and 3rd Sunday of each month) from 11-6pm until October. Enjoy handmade local arts and crafts, food trucks, and more!
ICA Play Dates: Free admission for up to 2 adults per family when accompanied by children ages 12 and under the last Saturday of every month, except December.
Harvard Art Museums: Massachusetts residents are admitted free every Saturday morning from 10am to Noon year-round with proof of residency
Harvard Museum of Natural History: Massachusetts residents are admitted free every Sunday morning from 9am to Noon year-round with proof of residency
Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology: Massachusetts residents are admitted free every Sunday morning from 9am to Noon year-round with proof of residency
Hope you have a great weekend!
You May Also Like:
- Free Fitness Classes and Programs in Boston for Summer 2017
- Free Outdoor Movie Series in Boston for Summer 2017
- Free Music Series in Boston for Summer 2017
- How to Find Cheap Red Sox Tickets and Parking
- Discount Tickets for the Boston Duck Tours
- Discounts and Deals for the New England Aquarium
- Where to Find Free Birthday Stuff in Boston, 2017 Version
- Half-Price Event Tickets in Boston
- Top Things to Do in Boston on Vacation
- Free Parking in Boston – Know when to park for free with this Boston Parking Holidays guide - January 17, 2023
- Free museums in Boston – Cheap, discounted admission days for museums near you - January 4, 2023
- Seltzerland Boston – the nationally-touring hard seltzer celebration is coming to the Rockland Golf Course!!! - June 5, 2022