I really can’t believe this is the LAST WEEKEND OF AUGUST! WHAT!??!
Well, if you are looking for some fun and cheap things to do for the last weekend in August, here’s some ideas!
As always, please let me know in the comments below if I missed any fun and free events in Boston!
Saint Anthony’s Feast: August 23-26, 2018. Head to the North End of the 99th Annual Saint Anthony’s Feast this weekend.
Movies at the Lawn: Saturday, August 25, 2018 at The Lawn on D. Enjoy a free movie screening of The Sandlot at The Lawn on D at 8PM, fun starts at 6:30PM.
Films at the Gate: August 24-26, 2018 at the Chinatown Gate. Enjoy a series of Kung Fu movies and other films next to the Chinatown Gate this weekend.
African Festival of Boston: August 26, 2018 at Boston Common. Enjoy this multi-cultural celebration featuring the best of African arts and culture.
Magic 106.7 Family Film Festival: Every Saturday from July 7-August 25, 2018 starting at 6PM. Enjoy a free movie under the stars in the courtyard of the Prudential Center with a free screening of A Wrinkle in Time starting at dusk.
Movies in the Park: Every Saturday from July 7-August 25, 2018 at Sylvester Baxter Park in Somerville. Head to Assembly Row for a free outdoor movie with a free screening of Thor: Ragnarok starting at dusk.
Sunday Night Movie Night: Every Sunday night from July 22-August 26, 2018 at Christopher Columbus Park in the North End. Enjoy a free outdoor movie screening of Finding Dory at dusk.
Tango in the Park: Every Saturday in July & August from 6:30-9:30PM at Rose Greenway Conservancy (across from Boston Harbor Hotel). Enjoy, dance, and delight in the magic of the Tango in the Park with free beginner lessons at 7:30PM.
ZUMIX Summer Concert Series: July 8-August 26, 2018 at Piers Park from 6-8PM. Bring a picnic and some friends and enjoy an evening of free live music!
SoWa Open Market: Every Sunday May to October from 10-4pm. Enjoy this award-winning open market with local artisans, farmers, musicians, food trucks, and more!
Greenway Open Market: Every Saturday (and 1st and 3rd Sunday of each month) from 11-6pm until October. Enjoy handmade local arts and crafts, food trucks, and more!
Harvard Art Museum: Massachusetts residents are admitted free every Saturday morning from 10am to Noon year-round with proof of residency
Harvard Museum of Natural History: Massachusetts residents are admitted free every Sunday morning from 9am to Noon year-round with proof of residency
Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology: Massachusetts residents are admitted free every Sunday morning from 9am to Noon year-round with proof of residency
Hope you have a great weekend!
- Top Free Things to Do in Boston for Summer 2018
- Free Outdoor Movie Series in Boston for Summer 2018
- Free Live Music Series in Boston for Summer 2018
- Free Fitness Classes in Boston for Summer 2018
- Red Sox Games on a Budget
- Discount Tickets for Edaville Railroad
- Discount Tickets to Story Land
- Discount Boston Duck Tour Tickets
- Provincetown Fast Ferry Discounts
- Water Country Discounts
- Half-Price Event Tickets in Boston
- Seltzerland Boston – the nationally-touring hard seltzer celebration is coming to the Rockland Golf Course!!! - June 5, 2022
- Super Bowl Food Specials in Boston – Verified Local Deals on Pizza, Wings & more - February 12, 2022
- Boston Parking Holidays 2022: Schedule for Free Parking Days & Hours - January 4, 2022