There’s SO many fun and cheap things to do this weekend in the Greater Boston area!
If you are looking for fun and free things to do on Friday, August 19, 2016, please head here.
Boston GreenFest: August 19-21, 2016 at Faneuil Hall. Enjoy a free multicultural environmental music festival with music, art, food, and much more!
Fisherman’s Feast: August 18-21, 2016. Check out Boston’s oldest continuous Italian festival in the North End this weekend!
11th Annual West End Children’s Festival: Saturday, August 20, 2016 in the West End. Head to Thoreau Path in the West End for games, food samples, entertainment and more for free!
Shakespeare’s As You Like It: August 18-21, 2016 at Longfellow Park in Cambridge. Free outdoor performance of Shakespeare’s As You Like It this weekend.
August Moon Festival: Sunday, August 21, 2016 at North Quincy MBTA parking lot starting at 11am. Enjoy this community event with a lion dance, food trucks, games, children activities, and more!
Magic Family Film Festival: Saturday, August 20, 2016. Free outdoor movie screening of A Bugs Life at the Prudential Center courtyard at dusk (rain date the following Tuesday if needed).
Sylvester Baxter Riverfront Park Movie Series: Saturday, August 20, 2016. Free outdoor movie screening of UP at Sylvester Baxter Riverfront Park in Somerville at dusk.
South End Open Market: Every Sunday though October from 10-4pm at the Ink Block! Enjoy three amazing markets every Sunday at a new location, the Ink Block! Enjoy a farmers market, handcrafted goods, and delicious food trucks at the South End Open Market.
Harvard Art Museums: Massachusetts residents are admitted free every Saturday morning from 10am to Noon year-round with proof of residency
Harvard Museum of Natural History: Massachusetts residents are admitted free every Sunday morning from 9am to Noon year-round with proof of residency
Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology: Massachusetts residents are admitted free every Sunday morning from 9am to Noon year-round with proof of residency
Sunday Parkland Games: Sunday, August 20, 2016 at Herter Park (*location moved for second half of summer) in Cambridge from 3:30-6pm. Enjoy free games and activities almost every Sunday afternoon in the summer.
Dine Out Boston moves into its second and final week starting on Sunday, 8/21 and you can find more info about Dine Out Boston here.
Marshfield Fair also kicks off this weekend on the South Shore of Boston and you can find discounts here.
Hope you have a great weekend!
You May Also Like:
- Half-Price Event Tickets in Boston
- 27+ Free Things to Do This Summer in Boston
- Free Outdoor Movie Series in Boston for Summer 2016
- Free Music Series and Concerts in Boston for Summer 2016
- Free Fitness Series and Classes in Boston for Summer 2016
- Whale Watching Discounts for Summer 2016
- Discount Tickets for Codzilla
- Boston Duck Tour Discount Tickets
- Provincetown Fast Ferry Discount Tickets
- Red Sox Games on a Budget
- Top Things to Do in Boston on Vacation
- Things to Do On Budget in Boston This Weekend (February 26-28): Free & Cheap Events - February 25, 2021
- Where to get the Coronavirus Vaccine in Boston? - February 17, 2021
- Valentine’s Day in Boston – Complete Guide For Everything You Will Need - February 12, 2021