I can’t believe it’s the first weekend of August! Here’s some fun and free (or almost free) things to do in Boston and beyond this weekend!
Patriots Training Camp: August 1-2, 2015. Head to Foxboro this weekend to check out and cheer on the New England Patriots for their training camp. Free and open to the public.
Shakespeare on the Common: July 22, 2015 to August 9, 2015 at Boston Common. Enjoy a free performance of King Lear at Boston Common for Shakespeare on the Common!
Magic 106.7 Free Family Film Festival: Saturday, August 1, 2015 at the Prudential Center courtyard at sunset. Enjoy a free outdoor movie screening of Up
Sylvester Baxter Riverfront Park Movie Series: Saturday, August 1, 2015 at Assembly Row in Somerville. Enjoy a free outdoor movie screening of Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull
Sunday Night Movie Night at Christopher Columbus Park: Sunday, August 2, 2015 at Christopher Columbus Park at sunset. Enjoy a free outdoor movie screening of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Harvard Museum of Natural History: Massachusetts residents are admitted free every Sunday morning from 9am to Noon year-round with proof of residency.
Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology: Massachusetts residents are admitted free every Sunday morning from 9am to Noon year-round with proof of residency
Bank of America’s Museum on Us: Saturday and Sunday, August 1-2, 2015. Bank of America & Merrill Lynch cardholders can get into select museums the first weekend of every month for free by showing their bank card (per cardholder, not family). Museum of Fine Arts, MIT Museum and other museums across the state participate
Kid Price Saturday at Zoo New England: Pay and feel like a kid the first Saturday of every month at Franklin Park Zoo between 10 a.m. & noon for just $11.95. Head to Stoneham, MA to the Stone Zoo between 10am-12pm and pay $10.95 for admission.
Sunday Parkland Games: Every Sunday starting Sunday, June 28, 2015 through August 30, 2015 from 3:30pm-6pm in Cambridge. Free Sunday games along the banks of the Charles River every Sunday in the summer as well as yoga at 5pm.
The Red Sox are in town this weekend and if you are interested in hitting Fenway make sure to read Red Sox Games on a Budget!
For even more fun and cheap things to do this summer don’t forget to check out 27 Free Things to Do This Summer in Boston, Top Things to Do on a Boston Vacation and Free Fitness Classes and Events This Summer as there’s a lot of things that happen on the weekend!
Also, just a reminder that you can hit the South End Open Market at SoWa every Sunday, take a free trolley to Columbia Point on the weekends to check out museums, and enjoy Summertime @ The Street with free music and yoga!
Hope you have a great weekend!
You May Also Like:
- Free Outdoor Movies for Summer 2015 in Boston
- Free Summer Concerts in Boston for 2015
- Top Things to See in Boston on Vacation
- Boston Transportation Options: Promo Codes for Lyft, Uber & More!
- Boston Duck Tour Discount Tickets
- Whale Watching and Boston Harbor Cruise Discounts
- How to Find Affordable Hotels in Boston
- Is the Boston Go City Worth it?
- Half-Price Event Tickets in Boston
- Fun Group Activities Boston: 10 things to do in Boston with a Large Group - February 11, 2023
- Boston Valentine’s Day 2023 – Best Events, Parties and Celebrations near you - February 7, 2023
- Free Parking in Boston – Know when to park for free with this Boston Parking Holidays guide - January 17, 2023