There’s a lot going on this weekend in Boston with Easter and Marathon Monday kicking off April Vacation Week! Hopefully you have at least Good Friday or Patriot’s Day off this weekend, if you don’t have next week off.
I included Monday into the Cheap Weekend Fun mix, but if you are looking for even more things to do, don’t forget to check out Top Budget-Friendly Things to Do This Spring in Boston or Budget-Friendly April Vacation Ideas in the Greater Boston Area!
Celebrate Patriot’s Day with the Boston Marathon: Monday, April 17, 2017 from Hopkinton to Boylston Street in Boston. Cheer on the runners of the Boston Marathon! Free. (Marathon Runners can get a free entrée at VERTS on Monday too)
Patriot’s Day Celebrations in Lexington & Concord: April 15-17, 2017 in Lexington & Concord. Head to Lexington & Concord to commemorate the opening battle of the American Revolution with reenactments, parades, ceremonies, and more.
Swan Boats Opening Day: Saturday, April 15, 2017 in the Public Garden. The Swan Boats are back for the season in the Public Garden. Rides are $3.50 for adults and $2 for ages 2-15.
Cambridge Science Festival: April 14-23, 2017. Head to Cambridge for this fun 10-day festival with many fun and hands-on events for people of all ages!
23rd Egg Hunt in Roslindale: Saturday, April 15, 2017 at 11AM at Fallon Field in Roslindale. Enjoy this 23rd Annual Egg Hunt with over 6,000+, a visit from Mr. Bunny, and more!
7th Annual Easter Eggstravaganza: Saturday, April 15, 2017 from 10-12pm at Riverside Press Park in Cambridge. Head to Cambridge for this free Easter Egg Hunt with face painting, carnival games, egg hunt, and more!
Bass Pro Shops Easter Fun: April 8-16, 2017 at participating Bass Pro Shops. Head to Foxboro for their FREE Easter Event with a free photo, crafts, and more!
Free National Park Weekend: April 15-16, 2017. All National Parks are free this weekend to celebrate National Park Week!
Harvard Art Museums: Massachusetts residents are admitted free every Saturday morning from 10am to Noon year-round with proof of residency
Harvard Museum of Natural History: Massachusetts residents are admitted free every Sunday morning from 9am to Noon year-round with proof of residency
Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology: Massachusetts residents are admitted free every Sunday morning from 9am to Noon year-round with proof of residency
Keep in mind that meters will be free on Monday due to the holiday but there may be some parking restrictions in place as well due to the race.
Hope you have a great weekend!
You May Also Like:
- Top Budget-Friendly Things to Do This Spring in Boston
- How to Find Cheap Red Sox Tickets and Parking
- Discount Tickets and Ways to Save at Edaville Railroad
- Discount Tickets for the Boston Duck Tours
- Where to Find Free Birthday Stuff in Boston, 2017 Version
- Rare Pieces for the 2017 Shaw’s Monopoly Game
- Half-Price Event Tickets in Boston
- Top Things to Do in Boston on Vacation
- How to Find Affordable Hotels in Boston
- Seltzerland Boston – the nationally-touring hard seltzer celebration is coming to the Rockland Golf Course!!! - June 5, 2022
- Super Bowl Food Specials in Boston – Verified Local Deals on Pizza, Wings & more - February 12, 2022
- Boston Parking Holidays 2022: Schedule for Free Parking Days & Hours - January 4, 2022