TGIF, Boston on Budget community! Not only is today Friday, but it’s also National Tequila Drinks. Now, before you all begin taking shots, we’re here with a perfect and easy at-home margarita recipe that will make you feel like you’re at your favorite restaurant.
No need to shell out big bucks for this margarita. It’s delicious and will run you about $2 per drink. The folks at ProbablyThis.com put together this delicious recipe together for anyone looking to score a deal while not skimping on taste.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 750mL bottle of Tequila Espolon (approximately $25)
- 1 24 oz bottle of agave nectar ($9)
- 12 oz lime juice, from about 12 limes ($4)
- 1 1/2 oz Tequila
- 1/2 oz agave
- 3/4 oz lime juice
- Lime wedge for wetting the rim and for garnish, later
- Salt for the rim of the glass, to taste
- First, add salt onto a plate
- Take a lime wedge and run it along the outside of the glass you’ll be serving your margaritas in
- Evenly rotate the glass in the plate of salt. You want the salt to stick to the bit of juice on the rim
- Combine agave nectar, lime juice, and tequila in a shaker
- Add ice and shake for about 15 seconds
- Strain into your prepared glass and cheers your neighbor
Happy Friday everyone, send us photos of your DIY easy and cheap margaritas and send our way! Any recipes you like, or cost-saving tips or tricks? Leave a comment below!
- Spooky Science, Trick or Treat Events and More Among Top 10 Things to Do in Boston This Week Starting October 25 - October 24, 2021
- Head of the Charles, Haunted Brewery Tour Among Top 10 Things to Do in Boston This Weekend Starting October 22 - October 20, 2021
- 10 Best Frozen Yogurt Places in Boston – Yog(a)urt for the Soul! - October 2, 2021