With the presidential election less than a month away, are you prepared with your voting plan?
The presidential election is taking place on Tuesday, November 3rd: do you have your voting plan in place?
Luckily, there’s still time to register to vote. Saturday, October 24th is the deadline. Here are a few things you need to know before you register in Massachusetts:
- You have to be a United States citizen and a resident of Massachusetts to vote
- You have to be 18 on or before the day of the election
If you are concerned about your registration, or not sure if you’ve signed up, the state has a voter registration website in which you are able to check on your status. All you’ll need is your name, date of birth, and zip code.
So, you’re registered, ready, and eager to vote. What’s next?
The early voting period for the State Election is taking place beginning this Saturday, October 17th through Friday, October 30th. It’s important to note that COVID-19 safety measures will be taken place at all of the polling locations. If you are at all uncomfortable with voting in-person, you’ll be able to have the option to vote by mail.
If you are a Massachusetts registered voter, you will have received a vote-by-mail application in their mailboxes for the State Primary and the State Election. It’s important to note that to vote by mail in the State Election, voters must complete, sign, and return the prepaid postcard application by Wednesday, October 28, 2020.
You’re registered – yes! Now, where do I go to vote?
The state’s handy website allows citizens to find their election information, including where to go on November 3rd. You’ll need to enter your residential address that’s in Massachusetts.
- 10 Things to do in Boston this week of October 3, 2022 include Sunflower Picking at Ward’s Berry Farm, Chicago – The Musical, & more! - October 2, 2022
- Boston Harbor Cruise Guide: Sightseeing Attractions, Schedule, Tickets, Discounts & More! - June 28, 2022
- New England Aquarium Boston: Your Complete Guide for Tickets, Hours, Parking, Discounts and more! - June 17, 2022