Love to read? There’s a special weekend just for you! The annual Boston Book Festival is a free event taking place from Saturday, October 19 through Sunday, October 20.
New England’s biggest literary event is a celebration of “the power of words to stimulate, agitate, unite, delight, and inspire,” and its mission is simple — promote and encourage everyone to read more.
The great thing about the Boston Book Festival — besides the fact that it’s totally free to attend — is it offers something for everyone. From writing workshops for kids and teens to talks and presentations from popular adult authors, the event is a true all-around celebration of the written word.
There’s also live music, food trucks, tons of exhibitors, and more, so there’s plenty of free fun to be enjoyed by all. The event is sure to be one of the top things to do in Boston on the weekend.
The Boston Book Festival takes place over two days at two separate locations. Here’s what to expect:
- Saturday, October 19 at Copley Square — Saturday’s events take place in Copley Square and include a street festival with music, food trucks, and more than 75 exhibitors. There will also be a literary walking tour, storytimes, keynotes, and more. Venues include Old South Church, Boston Public Library, Emmanuel Church, and others.
- Sunday, October 20 at Roxbury Dudley Square — Enjoy a ton of events throughout the Dudley Square area at The Bolling Building, Dudley Cafe, Frugal Bookstore, and The Dewitt Center, including writing workshops for kids and teens, panel discussions, presentations by writers and poets Jasmine Guillory, Dwayne Bettes, Porsha Olayiwola, and more. There will also be live music and plenty of other entertainment and fun for all ages.
You can learn much more about the Boston Book Festival, including a full schedule of events and special guests, by visiting the event’s official website.
- Super Bowl Food Specials in Boston – Verified Local Deals on Pizza, Wings & more - February 12, 2022
- Boston Parking Holidays 2022: Schedule for Free Parking Days & Hours - January 4, 2022
- Free Photos with Santa in and near Boston - December 11, 2021