The Boston Black Hospitality Coalition has launched the Boston Black Restaurant Month initiative for the month of August and we’re rounding up a list of restaurants that you can support this month.
The Boston Black Hospitality Coalition has launched the Boston Black Restaurant Month initiative for the month of August. The Coalition focuses on preserving the free gathering spaces for the city’s many black residents – neighborhood bars and restaurants, which play a critical role in the community and economic development.
For a more robust list of restaurants that you can support, visit Boston Black Restaurant websites here and keep in touch on the Coalition’s social media handle. Know of any additional restaurants to support? Please leave us a comment below!
- Slades Bar & Grill: dubbed “The Soul of Boston” Slades offers delicious soul food
- MIDA Boston: With takeout and delivery options, Mida offers Italian influenced food
- Wally’s Cafe: a Jazz Club established in the ’40s with a robust history
- 50 Kitchen: a fusion style restaurant located in Fields Corner in Dorchester
- Down Home Delivery & Catering: features authentic homemade Southern fare with excellent value and generous portions
- Fresh Food Generation: locally sourced, freshly prepared, Caribbean-inspired cuisine
- Only One Restaurant: authentic Jamaican cuisine
- Flames Jamaican Restaurant: with four locations, Flames offers authentic Caribbean cuisine
- Fasika Cafe: Ethiopian cafe with takeout and delivery options
- Nos Casa Cafe: Portuguese restaurant with delicious dining and takeout
- P&R Jamaican Restaurant: Jamaican cuisine and mouth-watering ice cream
- Pikliz International Kitchen: features Caribbean food and a $5 chicken and rice deal, every day
- The Coast Cafe: a soul food cafe with delicious fried chicken and macaroni & cheese
- Blue Nile: a casual venue with Ethiopian classics
- Haunted Charles River Ride, Free Sundays at Harvard Art Museum Among Top 10 Things to Do in Boston This Weekend Starting October 15 - October 14, 2021
- Get in the Spirit at Beacon Hill, Pumpkin Carving at Sam Adams Brewery Among Top 10 Things to Do in Boston This Week Starting October 11 - October 11, 2021
- 10 Best Frozen Yogurt Places in Boston – Yog(a)urt for the Soul! - October 2, 2021