Are you looking for some date ideas in Boston for during these cold and snowy winter days without spending too much money?
Below are 5 Date Ideas in Boston for Valentine’s Day weekend and during the cold, winter months!
1. Visit an Art Museum: The Museum of Fine Arts is free with suggested donation on Wednesday nights after 4pm and the ICA is free on Thursdays from 5-9pm. Also, there are other discounts and free museum days for art museums in Boston such as next Saturday, 2/21/15 at the MFA.
2. Enjoy the Boston Science Museum or New England Aquarium: If you have a Boston Public Library Card (any Massachusetts resident can get one) you can request free passes to the Museum of Science, New England Aquarium, and much more! You do have to request passes in advance, especially for popular days. However, this is a great way to check out Boston Museums for free!
3. Check out a Brewery or Wine Tour: Head to Sam Adams Brewery for a free tour (and free beer samples) in Jamaica Plain or pay $5 for a tour of Harpoon Brewery for a fun and inexpensive date idea. If you’d rather a little more romance, check out the Boston Winery in Dorchester with wine samples, pizza samples and a tour of the winery for $10 on Saturdays.
4. Laugh at a Discount Comedy Show: There are so many comedy shows in Boston and there are some great choices on a budget! I had a great date night at Laugh Boston and bought my tickets through Goldstar Boston. Tickets through Goldstar Boston were actually free and I just had to pay a service fee of $6 each. Also, comedy clubs like Improv Boston have free shows during open mic nights and more!
5. Take a class together: Stores like Williams Sonoma offers free technique classes and would be a cute way to spend time together for free learning something new! Also, check out your local community college or local town for cheap classes that would be perfect for date nights like dances classes and more!
Also, if you are looking for ideas exclusively for Valentine’s Day weekend in Boston, all National Parks will be free from February 14-16, 2015 and may be a good chance to enjoy a National Park for free if you can take a break from shoveling!
Also, check out daily deal sites like Groupon for discount local activities and restaurant deals for more date ideas. Even better, use promo code LOVE20 to save 20% off Groupon deals through 2/10/15! Also, Restaurant.com always has food vouchers for local Boston restaurants and more so make sure to check them out as well!
If you are looking for even more date ideas in Boston, make sure to head here! Also, don’t forget to check out the Boston Cheap Eats page for happy hour deals and specials, which would make for a great appetizer and more before or after an activity!
What is your favorite cheap date idea in Boston for the winter?
*This post contains affiliate links to Groupon and Restaurant.com. Please read my disclosure policy if you have any questions.