2014 is almost over and it is almost time to ring in 2015. If you are looking for fun plans for NYE events that won’t break the bank, I’ve got you covered. Here’s a few ideas of fun things to do in Boston for New Year’s Eve that are free or practically free. I can’t promise you that some of these won’t be busy though:
1. First Night 2015: Enjoy so many fun events including Fireworks on Boston Harbor at midnight and a family-friendly firework display at 7pm on Boston Common! All outdoor events are free but indoor events require a button which is $10!
2. Figment First Night 2015: A free celebration of participatory art and culture where everything is possible is happening for the second year on Boston Common during First Night.
3. Allston Pudding Presents New Year’s Eve at Pizzeria Regina’s in Allston: Head to Pizzeria Regina’s in Allston for $2 pizza slices and cheap tallboys and music. No cover, no age restriction.
4. Comedy at Laugh Boston: Comics Al Ducharme & Bernadette Pauley will be at Laugh Boston on NYE with two shows. Even better, complimentary tickets are available on Goldstar Boston (just pay service fee) which makes for a cheap and fun night out!
5. F%ck New Year’s Party: If you are not in the New Year’s Party mood, head to Bukowski Tavern in the Back Bay where they will pay you a buck for coming instead of a high cover. No hats, horns, confetti, etc.
Also, Goldstar Boston has a few events, discount covers and other fun NYE ideas with half off or discount admission so it’s worth checking out Goldstar Boston for a few ideas if you are looking to go out.
The MBTA will be free after 8pm on New Year’s Eve with extended service. If you are looking for a T alternative, consider using your smartphone to find a cheap ride or parking garage.
New Lyft users can use promo code BOSHOLIDAY for a free $10 Lyft Credit, New Uber users can use promo code UberBostonBudget for a free $10 Uber Credit, and new Sidecar users can use promo code KATE173 for a free $20 in Sidecar credit!
Keep in mind these transportation apps tend to work by demand, so depending on demand you may end up paying just as much (or not more) than you would for a taxi on NYE. Also, consider checking out Parking Panda and mixing a free credit and promo code for $15 off a parking spot if you do need to find a spot for a car.
What are your New Year’s Eve plans? Are you keeping it budget-friendly or are you splurging this year?
*This post does contain some affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Latest posts by Boston on Budget Staff (see all)
- Father’s Day Freebies and Deals in the Greater Boston Area - June 14, 2019
- 2019 Memorial Day Deals & Freebies in Boston - May 26, 2019
- Mother’s Day in Boston: The Best Freebies and Deals - May 9, 2019