Are you looking for some budget-friendly Halloween fun in the Boston area? Here are 31 suggestions of fun things to do to celebrate Halloween without breaking the bank!
1. 20th Anniversary of Pru Boo: October 26, 2014 from 11-1pm at the Prudential Center. Wear your cutest costume and trick or treat for charity. Face painting, kid concert, pumpkin decorating and more. $4 donation towards nonprofit partner.
2. Halloween Happenings at the Cambridgeside Galleria: October 30, 2014 from 4-6pm. Enjoy trick-or-treating and grabbing a bag of goodies at the Cambridgeside Galleria. Please bring a canned good.
3. 2nd Annual Halloween Event at Legacy Place: Saturday, October 25, 2014 from 11-1pm. Compete in a costume contest, enjoy trick-or-treating, partake in seasonal crafts and more at Legacy Place on Saturday! Free, but please bring a non-perishable good for the Greater Boston Food Bank.
4. Halloween Happenings at Chestnut Hill Square: Sunday, October 26, 2014 from 12-3pm. Head to Newton for Halloween arts & crafts, music, goodie bags, and more. Please bring a canned good.
5. Trick-Or-Treat At The Street: October 25, 2014 from 1-4pm at The Street in Chestnut Hill. Enjoy a fun afternoon for Halloween Festivities with trick-or-treating, crafts, music, free treats and more for everyone in the family!
6. South Shore Plaza Boo-Bash: October 25, 2013 from 12-3pm at Macy’s Center Court at the South Shore Plaza in Braintree. Enjoy Halloween inspired activities, swag bag giveaways and more!
7. Halloween Boo-Bash: Saturday, October 25, 2013 from 12-3pm at Square One Mall in Saugus. Enjoy special store offers and fun arts & crafts. $1 per child donation and must register at Guest Services.
8. Spook-tacular Halloween Party: Tuesday, October 28, 2014 from 4-7pm at Uno’s at Burlington Mall. Head to Uno’s at the Burlington mall in costume for pumpkin decorating, treats and more! Kids also eat free during the event.
9. Fun Fright Night at Patriots Place: Friday, October 24, 2014 starting at 3pm at the NRG Plaza. Enjoy hayrides, face painting and more. There will also be a free movie showing of Ghostbusters at sundown.
10. Trick or Treat at Patriots Place: Tuesday, October 28, 2014 at 12:30opm and 5:30pm at Patriots Place in Foxboro. Wear your costume and trick or treat around Patriots Place for goodies!
11. Wilson Farm Spooky Hayrides: Almost daily at Wilson Farms in Lexington. Enjoy a family-friendly spooky hayride at Wilson Farms… or two!
12. Punkin’ Fest: Friday, October 24, 2014 from 4-10pm at the Lawn on the D. Pick a Punkin’ from the D Street Punkin patch and participate in fun Halloween activities!
13. Halloween Party at Castle Island: October 26-27, 2014 from 12-4pm at Fort Independence. There will be a lot of fun on Castle Island with a haunted castle, storytellers, magicians, refreshments, and more! Free, but children MUST be accompanied by an adult. Weather permitting.
14. Halloween Story Time and Parade: Thursday, October 30, 2014 at 10:30am at the Make Way for Ducklings store at Faneuil Hall. Enjoy stories and songs celebrating Halloween, for children of all ages.
15. Trick or Treat to the Beat: Sunday, October 26, 2014 from 5-6:30pm at the New School of Music in Cambridge. Enjoy family friendly musical activities for all ages!
16. Boston Public Library Halloween Events: Check out your local Boston Library for fun Halloween events crafts, Halloween story time, movies, and more.
17. Salem Haunted Happenings: Events daily in Salem, Massachusetts. Is there a better place to celebrate Halloween than Salem, MA? Check out some great Haunted Happenings all month.
18. Pumpkin Float: Thursday, October 30, 2014 at 5:30pm at DCR Pope John II Park in Dorchester. Bring a carved pumpkin (no bigger than 8 inches) and watch it float on Davenport Creek!
19. Halloween Night Hike: Saturday, October 25, 2014 from 7-9pm in Dorchester. No flashlights allowed through a spooky walk through the forest! (Costumes and Strollers not recommended).
20. Pumpkin Fest: October 19, 2014 from 4:30-6:30pm at Boston Common Frog Pond. Check out floating pumpkins, luminaries and fun family activities!
21. Carnival of Curiosities: Sunday, October 26, 2014 at SoWa in the South End. End the outdoor season of SoWa with a bang with a costume contest and much more! (First place receives $250!!)
22. Trick-or-Treat at the Market: Thursday, October 30th from 3-7pm in Watertown. Trick-or-treat in costume as well as enjoy other Halloween activities!
23. Halloween on the Harbor: Friday, October 31, 2014 from 7-10pm. Head to the Seaport District in costume to collect goodies and prizes at local establishments! $5 donation.
24. Paint, Drink and Be Scary: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 from 7-11pm at The Paint Bar on Newbury Street. Enjoy a fun Halloween party at the Paint Bar. Admission is $4 online or $5 at the door and $5 each for painting projects.
25. Halloween Weekend Pub Crawl: October 25, 30, 31st and November 1st at Boston bars. Let someone do the planning for you at this Halloween pub crawl. Complimentary tickets available at Goldstar Boston (affiliate).
26. Boorito at Chipotle: October 31, 2014 from 5pm-Close at local Chipotle restaurants. Stop by your local Chopotle on Halloween night dressed in costume and score a $3 boo-rito, bowl, salad, or tacos for $3.
27. Scary Face Pancakes at IHOP: October 31, 2014 from 7am-10pm. Kids can get free scary face pancakes at IHOP on Halloween!
28. Kids Eat for Free at Salvatore’s: October 27-November 1, 2014 at all Salvatore’s locations. Kids (12 and under) in costume eat for free at Salvatore’s during Halloween week!
29. Faneuil Hall Pet Parade: Saturday, October 25, 2014 from 12-3pm at Faneuil Hall Marketplace. Watch, enjoy, and possibly dress up your pet for this annual pet parade!
30. Howl-O-Ween Pet Party: Saturday, October 25, 2014 from 11-1pm at the Seaport Hotel. Mix and mingle with other pet owners and pets and enter the pet costume party! Free and open to the public.
31. Bootiful Costume Party: Saturday, October 25, 2014 at your local Petco. Dress up your pet for a chance to win prizes!
Please me know in the comments below if I missed any fun and budget-friendly events in the Greater Boston area for Halloween!
There’s also a 20% printable coupon available at Spirit Halloween if you need any last minute Halloween items!
- Things to Do in Boston This Weekend (September 25-27): Free & Cheap Events - September 24, 2020
- Celtics vs Raptors Live Stream: Watch Online without Cable - September 11, 2020
- Boston Celtics TV Schedule: 2019-20 Listings, Channel, & Stream Guide - September 11, 2020