Are you looking for some budget-friendly Halloween fun in the Greater Boston area? Here are 31 suggestions of fun things to do to celebrate Halloween without breaking the bank!
1. Pru Boo: October 25, 2015 from 11-1pm at the Prudential Center. Wear your cutest costume and trick or treat for charity. Face painting, kid concert, pumpkin decorating and more. $4 donation towards nonprofit partner.
2. Halloween Happenings at CambridgeSide: October 30, 2015 from 4-6pm. Enjoy trick-or-treating and grabbing a bag of goodies at Cambridgeside. Please bring a canned good.
3. Annual Halloween Event at Legacy Place: October 28, 2015 from 4-6pm. Compete in a costume contest, enjoy trick-or-treating, partake in seasonal crafts and more at Legacy Place! Free, but please bring a non-perishable good for the Greater Boston Food Bank.
4. FallFest: Sunday, October 25, 2015 at Assembly Row in Somerville. Enjoy trick-or-treating, crafts, family activities, music and much more with this fun fall event!
5. Trick-Or-Treat At The Street: October 24, 2015 from 1-4pm at The Street in Chestnut Hill. Enjoy a fun afternoon for Halloween Festivities with trick-or-treating, crafts, music, free treats and more for everyone in the family!
6. South Shore Plaza Boo-Bash: October 31, 2015 from 1-3pm at Macy’s Center Court at the South Shore Plaza in Braintree. Enjoy Halloween inspired crafts and treats!
7. Halloween Boo-Bash: Saturday, October 24, 2015 from 12-3pm at Square One Mall in Saugus. Enjoy special store offers and fun arts & crafts. $1 per child donation and must register at Guest Services.
8. Halloween Happenings at Westgate Mall: Saturday, October 31, 2015 at 2pm at Westgate Mall in Brockton. Trick or treat at Westgate mall and please bring a canned food donation.
9. Trick or Treat at Patriots Place: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 at 12:30pm and 5:30pm at Patriots Place in Foxboro. Wear your costume and trick or treat around Patriots Place for goodies!
10. Halloween Parade at Make Way for Ducklings: Saturday, October 31st at 3pm at Faneuil Hall. Enjoy spooky stories, fun games, and a Costume Parade around Faneuil Hall.
11. Wilson Farm Spooky Hayrides: Almost daily at Wilson Farms in Lexington. Enjoy a family-friendly spooky hayride at Wilson Farms… or two!
12. Urban Pumpkin Patch: Sunday, October 25, 2015 at Boston Public Market from 10-5pm. Create a pumpkin patch with Boston Public Market and enjoy treats, crafts and more!
13. Halloween Party at Castle Island: October 24-25, 2015 from 12-4pm at Fort Independence. There will be a lot of fun on Castle Island with a haunted castle, storytellers, magicians, refreshments, and more! Free, but children MUST be accompanied by an adult. Weather permitting.
14. Free Boston Duck Tours: Sunday, October 25, 2015. Any child from age 3-11 that dresses in a Halloween Costume will receive free admission with a paid adult ticket.
15. Trick or Treat to the Beat: Saturday, October 24, 2015 from 6:30-8pm at the New School of Music in Cambridge. Enjoy family friendly musical activities for all ages!
16. Boston Public Library Halloween Events: Check out your local Boston Library for fun Halloween events crafts, Halloween story time, movies, and more.
17. Frost Ice Loft: Saturday, October 31, 2015 at Frost Ice Bar in Boston. Dress up as one of the 4 terrifying horror villians, Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees, Michael Myers and Chucky, and get free admission to Frost Ice Loft.
18. Halloween Movie Night: Thursday, October 29, 2015 at Somerville Community Access TV. Enjoy some spooky music followed by some spooky movies!
19. Halloween Night Hike: October 30, 2015 from 7-8:30pm in Dorchester. No flashlights allowed through a spooky walk through the forest! (Costumes and Strollers not recommended).
20. Halloween at South End Open Market @ SoWa: Sunday, October 25, 2015 in the South End. Enjoy the last outdoor open market of the season with a Halloween theme!
21. Cirque of the Dead: Select dates in late October at the Oberon in Cambridge. Watch a live (adults only) show with circus acts mixed with a witches’ brew of live music, humor and horror. Tickets are $25+ but you can get discounted tickets here through Goldstar (aff. link).
22. Halloween Weekend 3-day Pub Crawl: October 29-31, 2015 at bars across Boston. Get free covers and drink specials at ten bars in Boston for some Halloween fun with a comp 3-day pass from Goldstar (aff. link).
23. Halloween on the Harbor: Friday, October 30, 2015 from 7-10pm. Head to the Seaport District in costume to collect goodies and prizes at local establishments! $5 donation.
24. Tricks & Treats Aboard Halloween Costume Party Cruise: Saturday, October 31, 2015 aboard the Provincetown II. Enjoy Halloween night on a ghostly party cruise. Full price tickets are $30 but you can get discounted and free tickets through Goldstar (aff link).
25. 5th Annual Dia de Los Muertos celebration: Saturday, October 31, 2015 at Taza Chocolate in Somerville. Enjoy tacos, cider, face painting, music, and more at Taza Chocolate!
26. Spooktacular Kids Event at Target: Sunday, October 25, 2015 from 12-3pm at participating Target locations. Head to your local Target in costume for treats and deals.
27. Scary Face Pancakes at IHOP: October 31, 2015 from 7am-10pm. Kids can get free scary face pancakes at IHOP on Halloween!
28. Boorito at Chipotle: October 31, 2015 from 5pm-Close at local Chipotle restaurants. Stop by your local Chopotle on Halloween night dressed in costume and score a $3 boo-rito, bowl, salad, or tacos for $3.
29. Faneuil Hall Pet Parade: Saturday, October 24, 2015 from 12-2pm at Faneuil Hall Marketplace. Watch, enjoy, and possibly dress up your pet for this annual pet parade!
30. Howl-O-Ween Pet Party: Saturday, October 31, 2015 from 11-1pm at the Seaport Hotel. Mix and mingle with other pet owners and pets and enter the pet costume party! Free and open to the public.
31. Salem Haunted Happenings: Events daily in Salem, Massachusetts. Is there a better place to celebrate Halloween than Salem, MA? Check out some great Haunted Happenings all month.
Please me know in the comments below if I missed any fun and budget-friendly events in the Greater Boston area for Halloween!
- Boston Museums with Free & Cheap Admission Every Day of the Week - April 18, 2021
- Spring Break 2021- Ideas for Families at Home In Boston - April 17, 2021
- Spring Break Camps in Boston – 2021 April Vacation Week Activities - April 16, 2021