There are so many free things to do and free Boston events this summer that I compiled 27 of ’em!! There’s actually a lot more than 27 events since there’s over 200 free music performances from Berklee’s Summer in the City series alone, but you get the idea.
If I missed your favorite summer activities and events for Summer 2014 in Boston, please leave them in the comments below! Also, check the blog all summer since I will be featuring a lot of summer fun.
Also, if you want to see only summer events in Boston, simply head to the Wicked Cheap Resources tab above and select Cheap Summer Fun and you will see every Summer event in Boston that I’ve posted!
Here’s 27 FREE Things to Do in Boston This Summer:
1. Highland Street Foundation Free Fun Fridays with free attractions across Massachusetts every Friday this summer! Fridays in July 27, 2014 to August 29, 2014.
2. Free Outdoor Movies in Boston with Free Friday Flicks at the DCR Hatch Shell on the Esplanade on Friday nights this summer starting at dusk. Fridays on June 20, 2014 and July 11 to August 22, 2014.
3. Magic Family Film Festival at the Prudential Center Courtyard on Saturday nights at dusk this summer. Saturday nights from July 5, 2014 to August 30, 2014.
4. Free Movie Nights at Christopher Columbus Park on Sunday nights this summer. Sunday nights from July 13, 2014 to August 17, 2014.
5. Free Indoor Movies from MIT’s Lecture Series Committee on Friday and Saturday nights this summer. Friday and Saturday evenings from June 27, 2014 to August 23, 2014 (with some exceptions– see calendar for exact dates).
6. Mayor Walsh’s Free Movie Nights in various Boston Neighborhoods. August 4, 2014 to September 26, 2014.
7. Boston Harbor Hotel’s Summer in the City Series with free music on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights this summer and free classic movies on Friday nights this summer. June 12, 2014 to August 29, 2014.
8. Free Boston Calling Block Party every Thursday evening from 5-8pm at Dewey Square. May 8, 2014 to late September.
9. Berklee’s Summer in the City Series with over 200 free music performances all over the city. Ending September 26, 2014.
10. Boston Public Library’s Free Concerts in the Courtyard with free music every Wednesday night at 6pm and Friday afternoon at 12:30pm. June 4, 2014 to August 29, 2014.
12. Free Summer Concert Series Harborwalk Sounds at the ICA on Thursday nights from 5-9pm. (Reminder: ICA admission is also free on Thursday nights). Thursday nights from July 10, 2014 to August 28, 2014.
13. Free Landmarks Orchestra Classical Concert at the Hatch Shell on Wednesday nights at sunset. Wednesday evenings from July 16, 2014 to August 27, 2014.
14. Kendall Square Summer Concert Series on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:00pm to 1:30pm with free live music. Thursday concerts start June 5th and Tuesday concerts start July 8th, 2014 through August.
15. So many Free Fitness Classes and Events in the Greater Boston Area this summer. Dates vary.
16. Free yoga, music and kid-friendly fun from Summertime @ The Street in Chestnut Hill on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sunday this summer. June 1, 2014 to September 18, 2014.
18. Celebrate with the largest Patriotic celebration in the nation with Boston Harborfest! July 2-6, 2014.
19. Cheer on the Patriots at Gillette Stadium for Patriots Training Camp for free for select dates in July and August. (More info to come!)
20. Head to Boston Common for Shakespeare on the Common with Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare. July 23, 2014 to August 10, 2014.
21. Kids Bowl Free all summer at over 20 participating bowling alleys across Massachusetts.
22. Teens can get a free YMCA membership this summer for Greater Boston teens.
23. Bike to work on Bike Fridays this summer with free breakfast and live music too. June 27th, July 18th and August 29th, 2014.
24. Active Military can receive free museum entry until Labor Day from Blue Star Museums from many attractions across Massachusetts and more. Through Labor Day.
25. Free Museums and discount attractions with your Boston Library Card with advanced reservation.
26. Free Admission at Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum for Neighborhood Nights. Thursdays nights from 5-9pm on July 10, July 24, and August 7, 2014.
27. Bring the kids to Sunday Parkland Games on Sunday afternoons from 3:30-6pm in Cambridge. June 22, 2014 from September 28, 2014.
There are so many free things to do this summer in Boston with awesome events and activities! If you are looking for even more Boston events, make sure to check out the 2014 Summer Guide for Boston or the Boston Calendar which has a lot of Boston events as well!
If you are more of a visual person, check out my Boston Summer Bucket List 2014 Board on Pinterest for a lot of free and fun summer ideas in the city! Also, don’t forget to follow me on Twitter or Facebook for daily updates and reminders!
What is your favorite free activity in Boston this summer?
- Mother’s Day Brunch in Boston – 2021 Restaurants Specials - May 6, 2021
- Mother’s Day Specials in Boston: Best Freebies and Deals in 2021 - May 2, 2021
- Free Museum Days in Boston – Cheap Admission By Day Of The Week - April 18, 2021