As COVID-19 continues to impact the world as we know it, many of us are left looking for ways to earn some extra money, while not being able to work outside of the home. Luckily, there are tons of creative ways that you can make money at home:
- Swagbucks: Swagbucks is free to sign up and easy to use. The concept is simple: earn points for watching videos, answering surveys and shopping online. Once you collect points, you can earn free gift cards to places like Target, Amazon and Starbucks. If you’re willing to put time into answering some surveys, you can earn some great gift cards for those items you want, but just can’t justify spending money on.
- Selling Your Old Clothes through Poshmark, Ebay or ThredUp: Knowing that we’re all quarantined at home, this could be a good time to clean out your wardrobe and sell some items that you don’t wear any more. While this side-hustle takes a little more time and depends on the consumer’s interest, you can make some decent extra cash. Hint: brand name items tend to sell quicker and for more money. Think items from companies like Lululemon, Nike, etc.
- Upwork: Are you an amazing creative writer or a graphic designer who’s looking for extra cash? Perhaps a Grade-A proofreader? Upwork is a global freelancing platform where independent professionals and businesses can connect – it’s easy to get started and fun to tap into your passion projects while getting paid.
- Inbox Dollars: Inbox Dollars is free to join, and you get paid to take online surveys (most pay $0.50 to $5.00), watch videos, cashback for online shopping and get paid to read emails (things many of us already do). Other survey sites you might want to also try include MyPoints, Reward Survey, and Survey Junkie.
- Fetch Rewards: I know I’m not the only one with tons of receipts at the bottom of my shopping bags collecting dust. With Fetch Rewards, you can take those receipts and turn them into points that can give you savings on thousands of products at any grocery store. All you have to do is scan your receipts after your trip to the grocery store, download the app and upload your receipt image. As a heads-up, use the code FRWEB during signup to snag 2000 Bonus Points on the first receipt you upload.
- Start an Etsy Shop: Tap into your creative side by selling the result of your handmade items or vintage goods – whether that be art, shelving or jewelry. Etsy is a unique community of makers and small-business owners. Another bonus: joining and starting a shop on Etsy is free.
- Virtual Assistant: If you love organization and helping others stay on top of their schedules, being a Virtual Assistant might be perfect for you. With virtual assistant jobs, you can get paid an hourly wage while working from the comfort of your home.
- Start a Blog/Freelance Writing: If you’re an avid writer who has the skills and creative talent, it’s possible to get paid to create online content for your blog or another website
- Website Tester via UserTesting: If you’ve ever visited a website and immediately had a few pieces of feedback on how the site experience could be improved, you can sign up for UserTesting. Most tests will last max of twenty minutes, and often pay $10 a session.
- AchieveMint: Get points for being healthy and doing things like walking and taking health-focused surveys. Achievement also links with fitness apps you’re already using, such as Fitbit and MyFitnessPal. The points that you earn on this app can be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards or cash.
If you know of any other ways to make money online from home, add a comment below!