Did you know that little plastic card stored safely in your wallet can also grab you some great local discounts in and around Boston?! From museums, entertainment, restaurants, the spa, the gym, retail locations, and much more, your Charlie Card can be saving you some cash. You can find all the Charlie Card discounts and savings here.
Some of my favorite discounts for 2012 are:
- $2 off one adult admission at Franklin Park Zoo
- $2 off one adult admission to the New England Aquarium (excludes IMAX and Whale Watching)
- $2 off any regular adult admission at the JFK Presidential Library and Museum
- $1 off at the Old South Meeting House and 10% off at the museum shop
- Buy 1 adult admission, get 1 Free at the Old State House Museum and Boston Massacre Historic Site
- 2-for-1 admission at the MIT Museum
- 2-for-1 admission Sunday through Thursday and $5 off tickets on Friday and Saturday at Dick’s Beantown Comedy Vault
- $199 off enrollment free and 1/3 off day passes at Beacon Hill Athletic Clubs
- $25 off first individual sport enrollment at Boston Ski & Sports Club
- Complimentary 3-day all access gym pass (new members only) at Fitcorp Fitness Center
- Recieve $50 credit for new members at Zipcar with promo code MBTA12
- Buy 1 Gourmet Pizza Slice & Get 1 Cheese Slice Free at Crazy Dough’s Pizza
- Complimentary starter, soup, or salad with an adult entree purchase at the Elephant Walk
- Free cup of chowder or dessert with a purchase of any entree at Dick’s Last Resort
- Show your Charlie Card and get a free PRUferred Card with savings of more than 40 stores and restaurants at the Prudential Center
As you can see there are so many wicked awesome discounts by just showing your Charlie Card! There are also so, so many more in addition to what I mentioned.
If you don’t have a Charlie Card yet, what are you waiting for? You can grab one free at all MBTA ticket counters at Back Bay Station, Downtown Crossing, Harvard, North Station, and South Station, all rapid transit stations, select bus terminals, and even retail locations.
I will let you know when the 2013 discounts are in too, so check back soon