Are you looking to celebrate your birthday with all the free food and fun you can find?
There are so many restaurants, retailers, and companies in the Boston area that give a little something to celebrate your birthday, but sometimes it takes a little planning to receive a birthday freebie like joining a rewards program or signing up for their e-mail list.
I am signed up to a lot of birthday clubs and e-mail lists, so I receive A LOT of e-mails during my birthday month (February). The majority of the offers came one week before my birthday, but some did come on February 1st too, so if a birthday offer sounds particularly wonderful to you, you may want to sign up a few weeks ahead of time.
Here are the birthday offers and freebies I received in 2017:
Free Birthday Meals in the Boston Area
Here are the restaurants in the Greater Boston area that offer a free Birthday entrée when you sign up for their e-mail club.
- Not Your Average Joe’s: Join the Not Your Average Joe’s e-mail club for $15 off your celebratory lunch or dinner (given two weeks to redeem)
- The Chateau: Join the eClub for a free birthday entrée with the purchase of an adult entrée, dine-in only (given two weeks to redeem)
- Fire & Ice: Free Birthday meal for e-mail subscribers (given about 10 days to redeem)
- IHOP: Free Rooty Tooty Fresh ‘n Fruity for e-mail club subscribers (or equal or lesser meal item) available at one specific location (given about two weeks to redeem)
- The Asgard & The Kinsale (Cambridge & Boston): Free dinner entrée (when you purchase an entrée) for e-mail subscribers, valid Sat-Wednesday (given two weeks to redeem)
- Biagio Ristorante & Bar (Waltham, MA): Complimentary entrée up to $25 with any party of 2 or more when you sign up for their Birthday Club (given a month to redeem)
Free Dessert on Your Birthday
Here are the restaurants that offer a free birthday dessert when you sign up for their e-mail club. Note: If you’d rather less e-mails, and more singing, a few of these places may offer a free dessert if you say it’s your bday without being a club member.
- Baskin-Robbins: Free 2.5oz ice cream cone (or 3oz soft serve) for being a birthday club member (given roughly 2 weeks to redeem)
- Ninety Nine: Free dessert for your birthday when you sign up for e-mail club (roughly two weeks to redeem)
- Bertucci’s: Free dessert for e-mail club subscribers (no expiration date given?)
- Friendly’s: Free medium sundae for their BFF’s (given about a month to redeem)
- TGI Friday’s: Free dessert for e-mail subscribers (given about a month to redeem)
- California Pizza Kitchen: Free dessert for e-mail subscribers (valid for the entire month of February)
- Smokey Bones: Free Dessert for e-mail subscribers (given about one month to redeem)
- Ben & Jerry’s: Free Single Scoop of Ice Cream and/or $3 off Ice Cream Cake Coupon for e-mail subscribers (roughly two weeks to redeem)
- Boston Market: Free individual dessert (or regular side) for VIP Club members (roughly 2 weeks to redeem)
Misc. Free Birthday Offers
Here are the misc. free birthday offers I received this year that couldn’t fit into a specific category.
- Restaurant.com: Free $10 Restaurant.com Gift Card (note: I had an account for years but had to go into account settings to enter my bday before I got this offer)
- Kohls: Free $10 off any purchase (no minimum needed!) for Yes2You Reward Members (had the month of February to redeem)
- Bruegger’s Bagels: E-Club members receive a Free Bagel and Cream Cheese when you purchase a drink for your birthday (arrived a week before, expires on birthday though)
- Buffalo Wild Wings: Free snack size wings for e-mail subscribers (roughly two weeks to redeem)
- Uno: Free appetizer with entrée purchase (given a month to redeem)
- Swagbucks: 55 SB credit when you redeem your next gift card
- Omaha Steaks: Free chocolate cake with order for e-mail subscribers
Free Birthday Dinners in the Boston Area (Just Show Up)
Don’t like to plan ahead or give away an e-mail address? Here’s a few restaurants where you just show up on your Birthday to receive a free Birthday meal.
- Osaka: Free birthday entrée during Birthday week when you dine with a party of 4 or more (just show up and show ID)
- Abington Ale House, Abington (South Shore): Free dinner entrée with photo ID on your (exact) birthday (just show up on Birthday and show ID)
- D’Ann’s, Abington (South Shore): Get a free entree when you purchase one of equal or greater value on your birthday, up to $15 with ID (just show up and show ID)
- Main Street Grille, Weymouth (South Shore): Eat free on your birthday with a purchase of an entrée, ID required (just show up and show ID)
Even More Free Birthday Stuff
These are the only offers on the list that I did not personally receive in my e-mail or take advantage of but I feel good sharing because they have great information shared and/or you’ve taken advantage of the deal and share it with me:
- Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum: Enjoy FREE admission to the Gardner Museum and/or Third Thursdays evening events on your birthday, just show ID
- Boloco: Free $10 on your birthday with the Boloco rewards app (+ free $5 credit when you download the app)
- JP Licks: Free Ice Cream with registered cow card (Small free sundae with close to a month to redeem, thanks Tyrone!)
- Starbucks: Free beverage when you register your Starbucks card
- Sephora & Ulta: Get a free birthday gift for your birthday for e-mails subscribers
Unfortunately, there were a few offers I received in years past but sadly did not receive this year (I’m looking at you B.Good!) and could not include on this list. You can see the free bday offers from 2016, 2015, 2014 and 2013 to check out what I received them + read the super helpful comments too.
Also, thank you all for commenting on previous Birthday posts as I got a few new birthday deals this year to take advantage of!
Please let me know in the comments if I missed any awesome birthday offers and deals this year!
*This post does contain a few affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy if you have any questions.