There are so many fun and free things to do in Boston this summer and here’s a compilation of all the fun outdoor movies, music festivals, free events in Boston for Summer 2015!
Also, if you want to see only summer events in Boston, simply head to the Wicked Cheap Resources tab above and select Cheap Summer Fun and you will see every Summer event in Boston that I’ve posted!
Here’s 27 FREE Things to Do in Boston This Summer:
1. Highland Street Foundation Free Fun Fridays with free attractions across Massachusetts every Friday this summer! Fridays from June 26, 2015 to August 28, 2015.
2. Free Outdoor Movies in Boston with Free Friday Flicks at the DCR Hatch Shell on the Esplanade on Friday nights this summer starting at dusk. Fridays on July 10, 2015 to August 28, 2015.
3. Magic Family Film Festival at the Prudential Center Courtyard on Saturday nights at dusk this summer. Saturday nights from July 11, 2015 to August 29, 2015.
4. Free Movie Nights at Christopher Columbus Park on Sunday nights this summer. Sunday nights from July 12, 2015 to August 16, 2015.
5. Head to Assembly Row in Somerville for Sylvester Baxter Riverfront Park Movie Series on Saturdays at dusk this summer. July 11 to August 29, 2015.
6. Mayor Walsh’s Free Movie Nights in various Boston Neighborhoods. August 3, 2015 to August 27, 2015.
7. Boston Harbor Hotel’s Summer in the City Series with free music on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights this summer and free classic movies on Friday nights this summer. June 12, 2015 to August 29, 2015.
8. Free Boston Calling Block Party every Thursday evening from 5-8pm at Dewey Square. Thursday nights May 14 to September 17, 2015.
9. Berklee’s Summer in the City Series with over 200 free music performances all over the city. Now through September 27, 2015.
10. Boston Public Library’s Free Concerts in the Courtyard with free music every Wednesday night at 6pm and Friday afternoon at 12:30pm. Now through August 28, 2015.
11. Midday Music at Post Office Square with free music on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12-2pm. Now through August 27, 2015.
12. Free Summer Concert Series Harborwalk Sounds at the ICA on Thursday nights from 5-9pm. (Reminder: ICA admission is also free on Thursday nights). Thursday nights from July 9 2015 to August 27, 2015.
13. Free Landmarks Orchestra Classical Concert at the Hatch Shell on Wednesday nights at sunset. Wednesday evenings from July 15, 2015 to August 19, 2015.
14. Kendall Square Summer Concert Series starting at noon throughout the summer with free live music. Concerts started June 4, 2015.
15. So many Free Fitness Classes and Events in the Greater Boston Area this summer. Dates vary.
16. Free yoga, fitness, music, children activities and more at Summertime at the Street in Chestnut Hill. June to August.
17. A free six day music festival on Boston Common with local and national acts with Outside the Box. July 14-19, 2015.
18. Celebrate with the largest Patriotic celebration in the nation with Boston Harborfest! July 1-5, 2015.
19. Cheer on the Patriots at Gillette Stadium for Patriots Training Camp for free for select dates in July and August. (More info to come!)
20. Head to Boston Common for Shakespeare on the Common with King Lear by William Shakespeare. July 22, 2015 to August 9, 2015.
21. Kids Bowl Free all summer at over 20 participating bowling alleys across Massachusetts.
22. Free weekend shuttle to Columbia Point from the Back Bay. May 1, 2015 to November 1, 2015.
23. Bike to work on Bike Fridays this summer with free breakfast and live music too. June 26th, July 24th and August 28th, 2015.
24. Active Military can receive free museum entry until Labor Day from Blue Star Museums from many attractions across Massachusetts and more. Through Labor Day.
25. Free Museums and discount attractions with your Boston Library Card with advanced reservation.
26. Free Admission at Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum for Neighborhood Nights. Thursdays nights from 5-8pm on July 9, July 23, and August 6, 2015.
27. Bring the kids to Sunday Parkland Games on Sunday afternoons from 3:30-6pm in Cambridge. Starting June 28th
Make sure to check the blog all summer long since there’s a lot more fun and free summer events in Boston this summer! Also, don’t forget to follow me on Twitter or Facebook for daily updates and reminders of fun things to do! (I’m slowly coming back from maternity leave so my social media will hopefully be a little more active soon!)
What is your favorite free activity in Boston this summer? Did I include your favorite?
You May Also Like:
Free Outdoor Movie Series in Boston for Summer 2015
Discount Boston Attractions
Discount Provincetown Fast Ferry Tickets
Boston Transportation Options: Promo Codes for Lyft, Uber & More!
Red Sox Games on a Budget
Boston Duck Tour Discount Tickets
How to Find Affordable Hotels in Boston
Is the Boston Go Card Worth it?