Have you ever wondered where you could eat for free on your birthday and grab other free birthday offers in Boston, Massachusetts, and beyond?
Well this past weekend was my birthday and I received a lot of lovely e-mails on my big day and the weeks leading up from various restaurants and companies. Last year around this time I also shared all the birthday offers I received in my inbox from local and national companies; however, I wanted to update and reorganize the post, since I received a few more birthday offers this year!
Some of the birthday offers take a little bit of planning since you need to subscribe to a birthday club or e-mail list. Below are all the birthday freebies I received for my birthday. The last two sections (Free Birthday Dinners & Even More Free Birthday Stuff) I did not receive, but I wanted to include them since they are awesome free birthday gifts too!
Free Birthday Meal Offers
- Not Your Average Joe’s: Join the Not Your Average Joe’s e-mail club for a complimentary birthday entrée AND dessert with roughly 2 weeks to redeem (This is my favorite birthday offer!)
- Halfway Café: Sign up for e-mail club to receive a free birthday meal not to exceed $12, coupon offer valid on birthday only
- Fire & Ice: Free Birthday Dinner for e-mail subscribers (given about two weeks to redeem)
- IHOP: Free Rooty Tooty Fresh ‘n Fruity (or equal or lesser meal item) available (given about two weeks to redeem)
- Au Bon Pain: Join their eClub and receive sandwich or salad on your birthday (given one week to redeem, expires on my birthday)
- Earl of Sandwich: Free sandwich in honor of your birthday for e-mail subscribers (given about two weeks to redeem)
- Haru: Join Haru Access program and receive a free $20 certificate valid Mondays-Thursdays, roughly one month to redeem (this came about 2 weeks before my birthday)
Free Birthday Dessert Offers
- Baskin-Robbins: Free 2.5oz ice cream cone (or 3oz soft serve) for your birthday for being a birthday club member, and a coupon for $3 off a birthday cake. (Both offers can separately)
- Ninety Nine: Free dessert for your birthday when you sign up for e-mail club, roughly two weeks to redeem
- Pinkberry: Free small yogurt with toppings added to pinkcard (valid for 30 days)
- Chilis: Free Dessert of your choice (given about 2 weeks to redeem) when you are an e-mail subscriber
- Boston Market: Sign up for their mailing club to grab a free individual dessert (or regular side) for your birthday. Roughly 3-4 weeks to redeem.
- Smokey Bones: Free Birthday Cake for e-mail subscribers. Roughly 3 weeks to redeem.
Misc Birthday Offers
- Johnny Rockets: Free Hamburger with a purchase of an entrée and drink
- Maggiano’s: Coupon for $10 off $30 or more, excludes alcohol. Roughly a month to redeem.
- Bruegger’s Bagels: E-Club members receive a Free Bagel and Cream Cheese when you purchase a drink for your birthday (given about two weeks to redeem)
- Ulta: Sign up for e-mail club to receive a free birthday gift (I received a coupon for a free full-size signature CK One Mascara)
- Sephora: Sign up to be a beauty insider and receive a free birthday gift (I received lipstick and mascara)
- Uno Pizzeria & Grill: Join Uno Insider’s Club and get a free appetizer. Roughly 3-4 weeks to redeem.
Free Birthday Dinner (Just Show Up)
As you probably noticed, you need to be a member of a birthday list or e-mail list to get many birthday offers, which may take a little planning. If you’d rather just show up on the day of your birth for a free perk, this section is for you. Just make sure you bring a friend to buy an entrée for themselves.
- Bisuteki Tokyo, Cambridge: Free dinner entrée with photo ID on your (exact) birthday
- Abington Ale House, Abington (South Shore): Free dinner entrée with photo ID on your (exact) birthday
- Charlie Horse, West Bridgewater (South Shore): Free dinner entrée with photo ID on your (exact) birthday
- Vin & Eddies, Abington (South Shore): Eat free on your birthday with at least one other person
Even More Free Birthday Stuff
- F1 Boston, Braintree: Race Free for your Birthday, must be 18+ with valid drivers license
- Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum: Enjoy FREE admission to the Gardner Museum and/or Third Thursdays
evening events on your birthday, just show ID
- Boloco: Grab a free birthday burrito when you register online in advance
- Finale: Free Dessert when you sign up online (must register at least one week before birthday)
Okay– What did Birthday meals and offers are your favorite? What birthday freebies did I miss out on? Share your favorite birthday deals in Boston and beyond in the comments below. Thanks!